MQS 2010 Winners

There were 428 quilts at MQS this year. It was a wonderful show. I went through the hall and jotted

down the 1st, 2nd, 3rd and Judge's Choice ribbon awards. There were too many Honorable Mentions,

Piecers Awards and Teacher's Awards to get them all. I did not get all of the categories; ran out of time.

Congratulations to all who entered.

Viewer's Choice will be announced tonight at the banquet.

MQS 2010 Winners

Originally posted by Renae

......anyone that enters are ALL winners. Way to go everyone!!

Yes! Everyone who does their best work and who enters their quilts in these quilt shows IS A WINNER!!!

And those of us who go to the show to admire these lovely works of art hanging in the large room are blessed, too.

See? It's a win-win for everyone! :)

Congratulations to all 300+ WINNERS who had entered their quilts in this show! :) :)

And...... Congratulations to all 1300+ WINNERS who came to see and view these beautiful quilts in this show! :) :)

It's all good......

Thanks for helping me fill in the holes in my list, Heidi. I got back to the hotel

and noticed that I had some missing names. Congrats to you and all who entered.

Funny story. I walked out to the lobby to stretch my legs during the Audacious Auction last night.

A young woman on crutches was just coming out of the hall at the same time.

She told me that she was a bit disappointed that her show quilt had not won a ribbon. But

her auction quilt was another story. It was a small black wall hanging. Claudia Pfeil loved it

and finally out-bid another interested party to get this young lady's quilt.

"Claudia Pfeil liked my quilt so much she bought it. That's better than a ribbon." She was all smiles. :) :) :)

This is PattyJo on Barb's puter and the Viewer's choice went to Janet Fogg, "Caddy and the Cakes" I saw this quilt at the Oregon Garden's show in Silverton last January and was pleased to see it here as well. And a fellow Oregonian to boot.....;)

Originally posted by barbm

........the Viewer's choice went to Janet Fogg, "Caddy and the Cakes" I saw this quilt at the Oregon Garden's show in Silverton last January and was pleased to see it here as well. And a fellow Oregonian to boot.....;)

It must be in that Willamette River Valley Water... those quilters drink it and become FABULOUS! :)

I saw Heidi's quilt too and it was spectacular. The back of the quilt showed off her quilting more dramatically than the darker front. I wish they would have had it hanging so you could see both sides. The light blue backing with the dark threads was awe inspiring. I think it should have gotten more ribbons. Congratulations Heidi. You are my new idol! Dar :D

Originally posted by Dar

I saw Heidi's quilt too and it was spectacular. The back of the quilt showed off her quilting more dramatically than the darker front. I wish they would have had it hanging so you could see both sides. The light blue backing with the dark threads was awe inspiring. I think it should have gotten more ribbons. Congratulations Heidi. You are my new idol! Dar :D

ok - this just really gets me angry :mad::mad:. they did the same thing at mqx.. for most of the days at mqx - claudias' best in show parrott island quilt was hanging down an aisle and you couldnt see the back. and you couldnt see the back of heidi's either. the most fabulous quilting was hidden from view! and then there were other quilts, that were really lovely, but not as intricately quilted, and the backs were visible. i was just so disappointed. it was like they gave no thought at all to what was showcased. really? i just dont get it. i know there is alot to think aboujt pulling off a big old show like this, but dont you think they could move things around once they saw some of the work?

boy - i am really like a dog with a bone on this subject arent i? i'm even getting sick of myself!

Dar,

Thank you. The back came out much better than I thought it would. At MQX you could note if your quilt was double sided or not. I didn't think it would be double sided so I didn't check the box. There wasn't a question like that for MQS. I'm also sure they couldn't hang all the quilts with the back showing. Meg thanks just who you are! I think the lighting plays a huge role in how well the quilting shows. In the right light you can really see the quilting on the navy too. I also could have picked a different thread to make it stand out more.

Guest Linda S

Linda - thanks for posting all these. Even though I didn't enter anything, I'm always so curious to know who won.

Shana - it can't be the Willamette Valley water -- I've been drinking it for 30 years and it hasn't helped me yet!

Congrats to all the winners. The pics I've seen so far are of beautiful, beautiful quilts.

Linda

Meg, You and I will just HAVE to BE THERE for the hanging of these quilts at the next MQX or MQS! I did help at last year's show and made a couple of suggestions to the "person in charge" and she agreed with me and changed a small request. Since they are not quite as structured as Paducah, no one else even noticed the change. ;) Dar

Archived