I'm changing my name to 'Grace'

Well after feeling much worse when I got home I decided to get some x-rays. Short story is rib # 4 broken, ribs 5 & 6, broken and displaced ! I thought something was up when I coughed or moved wrong and could feel something popping ! Arrrrggg Now just sit tight and wait. Bummer. Glenda

I was hurrying down stairs after having dinner with Linda. Had to go between thunder storms. Of course I had both hands full. Dumb ! I didn't fall on the stairs, just did a wild dance down the last four or five. BUT, couldn't get my balance and landed on the sidewalk, of course in a huge mud puddle.Which is worse, the embarassement of falling or the fact you have to walk in your motel dripping wet ? And Shana, I was being a very good girl this year ! :cool: Glenda

And by the way, there wasn't any hail in that storm either Barb !

I wondered where you were and why we had not heard from you! I am so sorry it was worse than we thought!! I knew you were in pain because of your facial expressions at times!! But then I thought we just might be annoying you!! :P:P:P:P Just kidding!

It was great to meet up with you again, and thanks for driving us around!

Hope you heal quickly. It's too bad they don't usually do anything for broken ribs; maybe just tape them. My mom used to crack hers every time she bent over to get in the chest freezer. Now there is a picture!!!:P:P:P:P:P No laughing! It will hurt! Love you!

Ouch!!! Broken rips are really painful! I have broken my rips several times; there isn't a lot you can do for them. Just take it easy and let them heal....Hope for a fast recovery! Now for the wild dancing in the rain.......

Originally posted by quiltingnanny

I was hurrying down stairs after having dinner with Linda. Had to go between thunder storms. Of course I had both hands full. Dumb ! I didn't fall on the stairs, just did a wild dance down the last four or five. BUT, couldn't get my balance and landed on the sidewalk, of course in a huge mud puddle.Which is worse, the embarassement of falling or the fact you have to walk in your motel dripping wet ? And Shana, I was being a very good girl this year ! :cool: Glenda

And by the way, there wasn't any hail in that storm either Barb !

oh - im so sorry! :( that is the pits! :( feel better soon!

Some how that doesn't surprise me. I kinda wondered if you had cracked a rib or two. Could tell you hurt by the expresion on your face. Heqal quickly myfriend and I'll be talking to you soon and promise not to make you laugh.

Glenda, I'm so so sorry. We were keeping you with us for awhile until the rain let up and then it ended up you got hurt anyway. Maybe Linda wanted to share the wealth?! (Kidding as you know)

What a bummer to have cracked ribs along with all the other aches and pains that happened. You are awesome and I know you're humor will get you through this. Keep us informed.

Oh, Glenda, I am so sorry to hear this. I cannot imagine how you were able to even move. My ribs are

just cracked and I am whining like a baby - broken is awful. I know that you probably already know this

but you didn't let them tape you up, did you. Pneumonia is easier with the tape.

Tapeing wasn't even mentioned. I think it might be hard to do since the boob [ 5-6-7 ribs ]is right there. That doesn't even sound like fun ! LOL I have a pretty high tolerance for pain, that's what got me through. Just told me to lay low, don't pick up anything heavy, use a pillow to brace when I cough. Duhhh ! Come back in 4 weeks for x-ray and watch for shortness of breath. The popping sound was giving me concern, knew nothing else could be done. My DH says I can't go next year, yeah right !! LOL I guess I wanted to help you with your pain Linda. I don't think I want to do that again.:P Glenda

Archived