Check out Blog and Album of Yurt Photos at Loch Lomond Quilt Show

I have just put a load of pics into a Picasa web album, click the link below or visit www.picasaweb.google.com/thequiltquine

This week's BLOG is now posted telling ALL about the show...

I will add to the web album if show visitors send me more...

I have to confess and apologise that 3 stunt panels and 3 of my own panels didn't go to this show because I didn't finish them/embellish/add more quilting to them on time 'cos of the volcanic delay in USA... BUT they will go to the next one!! (and it looks like it will really be going places:cool:)

Visitors kept asking where the BOOK was! I have to blog the whole story later today so I had better go off to my garden yurt and start typing...

loved looking at the pics, linzi. i never would have thought that such a thing could be done.

i especially like how your pictorial starts out explaining how one copes with such a vast undertaking.

comfy shoes and a good attitude....the one of your gold boots and gin!

Wonderful photos! Hope its o.k. - I emailed a link to some guild members and some friends so that they can see the panel I made hanging.... the whole thing looks so cool! What a great place to sit and relax and meet with friends.... I really love the ceiling you made too - puts it all together just right.

This actually reminds me of the Jennifer C. stories - Elm Creek Quilts - where they all meet and gather out on the circle patio before and after the retreats..... Where the ladies tell stories..... oh I can just feel it!

Beautiful Linzi - Well done!!! :cool::cool:

That is amazing how it fits in the back of that truck. Amazing how it turned out. Please let us know where it will be displayed next. You need to be congratulated on being able to make it all come together and it looks so awesome!!!!

This week's mission... sort out my studio, give my Milli some tlc, write press release, list potential sponsors, source sturdy transport bags, investigate usa timber import certificate, go to weighbridge, get chicken feed, think about customer quilt backlog, start writing that book... now that I have just scoffed a bar of chocolate with my morning coffee, I think I will start making a new TO DO list!:o

The slide show just gave me goosebumps, and I was oohhing and ahhing through the whole thing. Love all the panels !!!

Would love to see this is in person because you've got to know that being there is 100 times better.

Great job to everyone for this yummy project.

Linzi, I saw on your to do list, source for sturdy transport bags. Be sure to check out the bags that musicians use for their congas and keyboards. They are called "gig" bags and have shoulder straps on them as well as are made out of heavy duty fabric. The keyboard ones are padded the ones for the congas are not but would sure hold a lot.

I just noticed a comment on the HGTV forum where someone had posted the link to your yurt pictures: "That is really cool. The quilts are neat and so original. But, I'm afraid to say, I think my favorite thing was the stick deer mount!" The writer happens to live with hunters!! Thought you would enjoy that.

Archived