DWR Quilt finished

This quilt is all fused and I had some trouble with thick seams, broke one needle where she left selvages on so, to say I'm glad it is done is an understatement. She only wanted quilting in the middle of the block and nothing in the melon shapes. I SID around all the rings and there were 8 starts and stops in each block. A very different quilt for me. I also made my own template for the quilt pattern and cut it out of a plastic binder then marked with a blue water soluble pen. I think that it came out ok, not the way I wanted to do it, but I think she is pleased. Anyway, here it is....

2447340130094956607S600x600Q85.jpg

And a close up of one of the blocks

2169843990094956607S600x600Q85.jpg

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This quilt is all fused and I had some trouble with thick seams, broke one needle where she left selvages on so, to say I'm glad it is done is an understatement. She only wanted quilting in the middle of the block and nothing in the melon shapes. I SID around all the rings and there were 8 starts and stops in each block. A very different quilt for me. I also made my own template for the quilt pattern and cut it out of a plastic binder then marked with a blue water soluble pen. I think that it came out ok, not the way I wanted to do it, but I think she is pleased. Anyway, here it is....

2447340130094956607S600x600Q85.jpg

And a close up of one of the blocks

2169843990094956607S600x600Q85.jpg

i love how it turned out patty jo. you would never know by looking now that you had problems. and i really like your center design.

all fused? what do you mean by this? she didnt sew the quilt together?

i love how it turned out patty jo. you would never know by looking now that you had problems. and i really like your center design.

all fused? what do you mean by this? she didnt sew the quilt together?

Great job Patty Jo,

the center motif is very pretty, I hope she doesnt want to wash it much though as I would worry about the pieced arcs coming apart if there isnt any quilting in between the pieced arcs. that is her choice though you can only do what they ask for and if it doesn't hold up she will learn for the next one I guess. Beautiful quilt too.

Great job Patty Jo,

the center motif is very pretty, I hope she doesnt want to wash it much though as I would worry about the pieced arcs coming apart if there isnt any quilting in between the pieced arcs. that is her choice though you can only do what they ask for and if it doesn't hold up she will learn for the next one I guess. Beautiful quilt too.

Thank you all for your very kind comments.;) This quilt kept me on my toes and I did procrastinate by taking lots of breaks, doing some yard work, pressure washing my walk and driveway. But last night I decided that it wasn't going to finish itself. Yes, all the rings were fused to the background. Then she zig-zagged the rings down to the backing, then the corners (read snowball) were pieced on over the top of the fusing and then put the blocks together. That's why there are seams down the middle of the melon shapes. That's why there were some real thick seams in areas. The place that I broke the needle was because the thick seams from the top lined up with the seaming on the back where she left the selvages on also. I marked the design on each block with blue water soluble marker and used that to freehand the design. There were some bobbles, but not too bad. She's a new quilter and this is her 2nd quilt. It is a wedding gift that she is mailing back east. Anyway, I'm glad that it is done.

Thank you all for your very kind comments.;) This quilt kept me on my toes and I did procrastinate by taking lots of breaks, doing some yard work, pressure washing my walk and driveway. But last night I decided that it wasn't going to finish itself. Yes, all the rings were fused to the background. Then she zig-zagged the rings down to the backing, then the corners (read snowball) were pieced on over the top of the fusing and then put the blocks together. That's why there are seams down the middle of the melon shapes. That's why there were some real thick seams in areas. The place that I broke the needle was because the thick seams from the top lined up with the seaming on the back where she left the selvages on also. I marked the design on each block with blue water soluble marker and used that to freehand the design. There were some bobbles, but not too bad. She's a new quilter and this is her 2nd quilt. It is a wedding gift that she is mailing back east. Anyway, I'm glad that it is done.

Archived