Stencil Throwdown - Pictures Please - Deadline is August 1st

Originally posted by Mary Beth

Heidi,

Family is always....Always...first!!

Sorry your MIL has not been doing well. Hope things turn around for you all.

Yes they are always first and right now family has taken over almost all of my time. Between that and work (which has been beyond miserable since the end of May). My MIL physically fine for the most part but very depressed since she broke her arm, now completely healed. I keep getting calls that she can't even hold her head up or can't eat or drink. I leave work and get up there and she is fine. Yesterday I took her to the ER. She was slightly dehydrated but I wanted to make sure they ran more tests on her. Nothing physical found, except low potassium. She won't come live with us so it means an extra hour to get to her place. It is a hard thing to deal with. I sure wish the happy pills would start working!

OMG! PJ! That is just soooooo beautiful! AND so creative! I'm so impressed! That should be in a show!

I so badly wanted to do this challenge and time just got away from me! I am busy putting together our guild's raffle quilt, finishing the applique, my class reunion, my mom's 90th bday, finish the embroidery on my black show quilt, going back and forth to the hospital for BP, blood work, etc... Trying to stay healthy enough to get to September! No wonder my BP is so high! In September, after I present the quilt to the guild, and we have our "show" meeting to drum up helpers, I hope things will slow down for me.....

I'm the kind of person that if someone else won't speak up to handle things, I will... I told the girl that sit's next to me to slap her hand over my mouth if I even LOOK like I'm gonna speak!

Mary Beth, this is a great challenge, I hope I can participate another time!

I can't wait to see all the finished quilts! Good Luck everyone!

PJ....girlfriend..that's totally AWSOME!

I WANT ONE!!!!

I'm assuming this is the colored pencil technique? You outdid yourself girlfriend!

You serioiusly need to enter that bad boy into a wall quilt category!!!

The colors are TO DIE FOR! You couldn't of picked any better colors!

What did you name it?

I'm hearing...blooming love birds.

Mary Beth..... I have the 2 cones of So Fine #401 #534 when the winners are pick I will send them out from here , this way we won't have to pay for shipping twice. Just let me know when.

I won't have my quilt finished, will save it for another time. My mother has been with us for the last 2 months & now we have hospice helping until she has passed, so it is kind of hard to get into the quilting mode.

Rebecca

Originally posted by rlhdesigns

Mary Beth..... I have the 2 cones of So Fine #401 #534 when the winners are pick I will send them out from here , this way we won't have to pay for shipping twice. Just let me know when.

I won't have my quilt finished, will save it for another time. My mother has been with us for the last 2 months & now we have hospice helping until she has passed, so it is kind of hard to get into the quilting mode.

Rebecca

Mary Beth,

Rebecca has a good idea, I have some beautiful Hawaiian Floral Yardage that I will postmark from Hawaii, if you pass along the name of a winner!

Aloha,

Barb

Originally posted by Hawaii

Originally posted by rlhdesigns

Rebecca

Mary Beth,

Rebecca has a good idea, I have some beautiful Hawaiian Floral Yardage that I will postmark from Hawaii, if you pass along the name of a winner!

Aloha,

Barb

Thank you ladies!! I will let you know the name of the winner.

Antoinette, so many people are too busy and that's okay. I totally understand that life has gotten in the way. It is hard to juggle home, family, quilting, a job, and a challenge. No big deal....just sit back and enjoy the great pictures of the great quilts.....and take notes and save pictures to your inspiration file.

WOW, Patty Jo!!!! I finally got the nerve to join one of the swaps ( doodlebugs) and then I see this. The things some of you gals can do is unbelievable. I'm almost ready to go back into hiding!!! The good thing is that I get so much inspiration from all of you. :)

Rebecca,

I'm so sorry to hear about your mom. I'll be praying for her and all of your family as you all go through this trying time. I've been there and know that it is a very emotional situation. Peace to your mom, you and the family.

Kenna & Jeanne,

Thank you for your encouraging words. I used colored pencils then sealed it with "fabric medium", then heat set with a iron.:)

Patty Jo! Wow!!!! That is absolutely gorgeous and I agree with the rest, you need to enter it in a competition! Yep, this would look great on one my walls in my bedroom so if you decide you don't really have a spot for it, send it my way! ;) :cool: But seriously, what an inspiration for all of us newbies! Gonna go in my fav's......... :)

Rebecca and Heidi, so sorry to hear about your problems. :(:( Will keep you all in my prayers.

Archived