this is the other one for opinions

What about straight line work in the stars to accentuate them, and a feather wreath in the circles formed between the stars. Half of a wreath would fit in the half circles on the edges. Not sure about the first two borders, but a nice meandering feather all around the outside border would set it off well and tie in to the feathers in the main body.

(and this would be the first time I've offered my 2 cents, so you are welcome to take it or leave it, LOL!)

I started one of these for my daughter, but haven't finished it yet, but then again it may very well land in the UFO's way to much fabric waste with this one.

SHOULD I ever finish I had thought to do an in and out circle in the circles and SID the large part of the star and them CC the center of the stars....

I'm so glad you asked about this quilt because I have one of those on the list month too! I've been pondering how to quilt it. My customer's quilt is predominantly navy, and gold, with red behind the little pinwheels. Every stitch of quilting is going to show!

Thanks to Debbie for posting pics of her quilts! They help get the creative ideas flowing.

Sue

Victoria, that is gorgeous!! I am starting this quilt tomorrow morning. I feel great now that I have lots of ideas. Thanks again everyone. You are all so amazingly talented and free with your ideas, inspiration and support. I love, love, love, being a part of this forum!

Tracey

I used a 3.5 needle and I did raise my hopping foot ever so slightly. It seems that if I go fearlessly along, I don't have a problem, but if I try to do a single needle down, sometimes the machine seems to struggle a little. The piecing on this quilt was really well done and it was well pressed. I think that may have helped with the fabric build-up in the middle.

Very nice to look at.... I think I really like the Blue and white one best... love the quilting on the others too..... but those batiks fabrics are a bit too busy for my eye!

Can't wait to see the Pink and black one quilted.... those are some really HOT fabrics - I LOVE them!! Please show us finished pics Tracey. :cool:

(adding this one to my Favs folder - great ideas!! ;))

Joan and Judi,

I used my large julalator to stitch the borders. I think the outer border on this was about 6 inches wide. I put a piece of painters tape across the rounded end of the judalator and positioned that along the border seam. The pointy end of the judalator should be towards the outside of the quilt. Start at the outside edge and stith to the border seam, stopping with needle down. Flip the judalator over and sew a mirror image in the other direction. Stitch down the appropriate amout and continue. I don't have a good photo of the corner and have already given it to the customer, but will take one. This quilt is going to be displayed at our quild's quilt show in mid September. At the corner, I stitched two mirror images.( I turned the quilt so as to do all the borders left to right. At the courner, you are left with a melon shaped section, which I filled with some of the leafy fern stitching I did in the inner border. Hopefully this makes some sense.

Archived