open house

Well I had my first annual open house this past weekend. I have about 1500 sq feet in my basement dedicated to quilting so I was able to display just about everything. It turned out pretty well. I sold fabric...solids for $4.50 and prints for $5.50 per yard. I sold 2 finished baby quilts and scads of Christmas table runners. I was able to demonstrate my accu cut studio and took orders to cut several quilts from my fabric for people. I have an order to piece a king Ten. Waltz from my fabric. I also have an order to make 3 twins from 4 garbage bags of clothes (memory quilts). My husband was on hand to demo the Millie. 7 people signed up for my first class (rotary cutting). All in all I think it went well. We didn't make a ton of money but we got our names out there. We gave out coupons for 10% off their first quilt we longarmfor them. My SIL also works with us. She has 2 industrial embroidery machines. She got an order for 12 sweatshirts. The lady is dying with cancer and has 12 grandchildren. She knows this is her last Christmas with them. She wants.. BLESSING #1...BLESSING #2...and so on put on them. She also got an order to put names and #s on stockings for the local high school basket ball players. I feel better about quitting my job now...still a little scary though!!! Because of the mini strokes I don't drive much anymore so having the business in my basement gives me a way to stay active and involved with people. My husband has turned over most of his work to other people and only goes in 2 days a week now. We have the rest of the time to work in the basement. Cross your fingers that the strokes hold off and we can make this work for us!!!!!!!!!!

Hi Cheri,

So happy for you that things are going so well!

I don't think I could ever work away from home again, too used to going to work in my fuzzy slippers every day! :D

Yes working from home has huge bene's, just remember to take good care of your self every day, your health is #1!

Have a blessed Christmas!!

You did just the right thing, and while not rich from it, it will more than pay for it's self... Could make it an annual or twice yearly thing.. keep the promotion and your reputation/being there, a focus of each.

So glad to hear it's going good. So sorry for you having mini strokes... I'll pray they find just the right meds for you.. family friend had them for close to 20 years, then died of cancer..

God Bless, and keep going !!!!

Archived