Added to my goof!

So after I looked at my error, I decided to add an applique to it. I really didn't feel like ripping it apart and fixing it.

I had an instructor in a quilt class tell me, that she made an error on a quilt (paper piecing) she was doing. After she realized she goofed, she decided to add a bird on the quilt to cover that mistake, she then entered it in a contest and WON a ribbon for the quilt. They thought the bird was a nice accent. LOL! I don't think I'd win a ribbon for this quilt, but it saved me from taking it apart.

Funny though, I just quilted it. I laid it out to take this photo and noticed the whole top roll is different! LOL!! Must be some kind of opp art. Didn't even notice that until NOW! But the first goof doesn't look so bad, does it? Like someone said, I could say that's how I designed it. LOL! It's ALL GOOD! LOL!

post--13461905201355_thumb.jpg

It looks great, the flower really makes it special. I've got a quilt hanging in the store with one whole row upside down, which of course I did not notice until it was quilted. Only one person has pointed it out (bet you can guess who that is, & it's NOT Karen!). I think few notice it, & of those who do, most think it was designed that way. Go see if you can find it.

Archived