nqr dishwasher

The dishwasher at the office is shot. You were all such a huge help on the washer selection thought i would ask for help again. They have some that they tell me do not need a garbage disposal because they blast the food particles Hard to imagine. I have to purchase it before the 31st!

I have a Bosch and love it. I did extensive research when we built our house four years ago and Bosch came up tops. Consumer Reports still has four Bosch models on the top of their ratings list. And yes, Consumer Reports is just one piece of information when researching anything - they are not gospel. My dishwasher gets dishes clean all the time and it is quiet, two of the most important considerations.

i have a kenmore elite - 4 years old - and i like it. it is one of the ones w/o a disposal and i seldom get a hunk of something down in the collection screen. but i only scrape the dishes into the trash - i NEVER rinse them before i load them. i would recommend it.

I'm in the market too, I've never had one before but am thinking about redoing my kitchen this summer. I need a quiet one as my house is wide open. Kitchen, dining and living space are all one room. Need to make sure I can get service here, not sure if that is available with the Bosch, but I've heard lots of good things about them.

I own an Electrolux and would NOT recommend it. It holds a 16 place setting. Ya right. As long as the plates are flat there's a chance you can get that many into the thing. The prongs are too close together so it's hard to get certain pieces in. I do not think it cleans well and I ALWAYS have to rinse b/4 I wash. It is extremely quiet and that's it's only good point. Way to overpriced for the end result.

My sister has an Electrolux, about 2 years old, and it does not clean her dishes.

Regardless of the brand that you choose, a couple of features that I like are the rinse and hold option and the water miser option, which I use almost exclusively. The machine uses less water and it takes less time to go through the cycle. The top rack on mine can be moved up or down, and several areas both top and bottom rack have prongs that can be moved or laid down to accommodate different size and shape of items.

I too have a Bosch dishwasher and have a had a poor experience with it. It arrived with problems and has had more repairs than any other dishwasher we have owned. I have been less than impressed with the customer service received from Bosch too. It is a lemon for sure. It was my first and last Bosch appliance. It is also difficult to load and won't take any long handled utensils or large plates. When the time comes to replace it I will take some of the large items that this one will not accommodate to the store with me and check out models that are more user friendly as far as loading is concerned. I am going to be watching with interest to see what everyone recommends.

Sue

We have the Fisher-Paykel two drawer (2 separate dishwashers) unit. I believe Kitchen Aid also has a similar model.

Ours has been good, (right now we are trying to figure out if our water is messing things up) It cleans well, doesn't have a garbage disposal, (would be nice) and holds things well.

Because this one is two separate drawers of dishwasher, you can load the top drawer with the table setting, start it washing, and later load the bottom with more table or the big things, whatever needed. Because it is just 2 of us here now, usually, I use the top one most and very seldom the bottom one. It is a quiet running one. In the office, how much do you need the full sized dishwasher? Would you even fill it up on a daily basis? Or would a single drawer unit work, they have those too.

I bought one of these a few years ago and I have been super happy with it. It's a little on the spendy side (I think we paid around $500 or $600) but I wanted to buy something quality that actually cleaned the dishes. Stainless steel interior. It scrubs off all the dried food, dishes are CLEAN and it is SUPER duper quiet.

http://www1.epinions.com/reviews/pr-Kenmore_16302_Dishwasher

The problem with all the machines on the market is that they are not as good as the older ones. I replaced my 10 year old Maytag 1 1/2 yrs ago. The replacement weighed about half as much as the original unit. It's the energy requirement mandates as well cheap manufacture, really degraded the performance. None of them really get dishes clean and don't dry them very well. I have a friend in the appliance business, and he's the source of my opinion. I will say one thing positive about the new machines, they are quiet. Jim

We had to buy one last year and the DH is the one to load it all the time so I took the one he liked and upgraded a notch to have the extra ability to handle the holidays. We went with a Bosch and it is so quiet DH has to get up from the TV at times to be sure it is running.

Archived