"Forum" addiction

Ya know, I'd get a whole lot more done if I wasn't reading all the posts on this forum. I can't help myself! There's always great advice, fabulous pictures, something to make me laugh, something to tease my brain, something to make me thankful for my health, family and friends (you are all included in that one!)...... The list could go on and on. I start my day here and end it here with a bazillion times in between. I don't even want intervention of a support group, I've got it all right here.

My thanks to everyone here! I've only met one person on this forum, Madilyn, but I feel like I know each and everyone of you. You are the best!

Now I have to get to work!!;);)

Sheryl

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Sheryl

Nicely put. I agree with you and I do the same thing. Get up, grab a coffee and check this forum. You find out a lot of info about a lot of different things. The last thing I do at night is grab a glass of water and check the forum again and I like you check it several times a day as I don't want to miss anything....lol. Glad I'm not the only one with the "addiction" but to me it is a good one.

Lucy,

I hear Katie is coming to take some lessons from you! If it works out and I don't have to work OT, I might tag along. Did you get my U2U about your cousin? Did she make it safely home?

See what I mean? It's like one gigantic family. I have one sister and I know she doesn't understand me as well as some of you do!! I love it!:D

Sheryl:D

I'm presently working on my 12 step program:

1, cut out bunches of triangles for hst from 4 different colors and the background.

2. Sew them into HST's.

3. Press,

4. trim,

5. Sew in pair with background squares,

6. Sew two into a 4-patch.

7. Cut background rectangle,

8. cut small colored squares.

9. Match up the right colors to make 3 color flying geese,

10. press and

11. trim in steps.

I think it is going to take me more than 12 steps. I haven't put the geese with the 4-patches yet and still need to cut and add two more background shapes to make a real block.

Rehab sure can take a long time! Coffee breaks (without the coffee) sure are well spent here!

1.Breakfast Coffee Break

2. Morning Coffee break

3. Lunch

4. Afternoon Tea Break

5. Finish quilting for the day break

6. Check in After Dinner Break

7. Heading to bed break

I am sure I can find 5 more to make it a 12 step plan.

My trouble is I need to eat and drink more in front of the computer!

Lyn

Add me to the list, use to be only once in a while, now its at least twice a day!

This is a bad habit I need to nip in the bud, as I'm doing it at work now! Is there HOPE for RECOVERY? Maybe I don't want recovery a la Charlie Sheen!:P

:P:P:P:P

Sheryl,

Just like you, I feel like I'm chatting with friends on here. Last year at MQX we had a dinner get together, I think 24-26 people showed up, and although I had only met a few people before that get together, I felt that I was with a large crowd of my friends. Probably because I had chatted with everyone on this site or read their postings so many times before that.

Dianne

I check here at least three times a day. Once before work, once when I get home, and then right before I head to bed. Sometimes I'm checking here so much that nothing else gets done here at the house. Oh well. I should be practicing but it's so much more fun to look and learn.

Dana, that's a good one...an online quilting class! It's true, at least for me. I don't want to recover from this addiction...you all have become a part of my extended family. I recently went back to work after being home for 6 months and the only thing I regret is that I don't have as much time to check in to see what's new throughout the day. I do hope I can meet some of you sometime in the future. Thanks for being such a GREAT group of people.

I never think of accents on here. I just read. But then I talked to Lisa in MN back and forth this week and noticed her accent and then she called APQS and told them I would call later. She said, "A lady with a soft southern accent" will call. Wouldn't it be fun to be able to read in each person's accent? Of course, quilting has no accent or borders.

Hey Sylvia are you counting the days before you new baby arrives? I am asking in my New York accent, which when i was in PA a couple of years ago a women said to me you must be from New York, and I said yes, I didn't even think I had an accent.

Archived