"Forum" addiction

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This forum is my "Calgon take me away" break. When I just need to get away from whatever I'm doing, I come in here and check the forum. I always find something interesting or entertaining. I really don't know how many years I've been on this forum but I never would post...NEVER... then over Thanksgiving I got sick and got nervy enough to put it out there. All of you welcomed me with open arms. It's like I have the biggest and "best" bunch of girlfriends (and a couple of guys) and we all love the same hobby. As Martha Stewart would say..."it's a good thing". Thanks for being here all of you.

Me, too! I love reading this forum and getting updates on all of my friends and seeing their beautiful quilts. I love seeing the cute pictures of children and grandchildren and the adorable 4 legged family members. Or, the beautiful backyard scenery, of robbins on icy branches, vacation pictures, not to mention the group pictures of all of you at quilt shows or at the Moxie meetings. I feel like you are all part of my extended family, and in fact, I chat more with you guys and gals that I chat with my extended family. Thank you eveyone for this place to come and share my days.

I don't want a 12 step program. I like things just as they are. ;)

It's Saturday night, 7:45 or so, and here I sit. I finally get to sit and read all the posts. Got to wish Kristina a Happy Birthday and Happy Anniversary to Dave and Jane. I really didn't think this post would get the kind of response that it did! It just goes to show that some "addictions" are really good ones. I don't need a 12 step program, unless it's a 12 shop "Shop Hop"!

Here's hoping all my friends on this forum have a great weekend and I'm already looking forward to the next installment!

((((HUGS)))) to all!

Sheryl;)

This forum is one of the highlights of my day -- after a busy day at work, or needing answers to questions, inspiration, encouragement. Excitement over what is created, and wisdome when there are challenges.

I has been so good to me as a new LA'er, I appreciate it so much!!

hmmmm. . . I am powerless over this wonderful passion that feeds my creative side, don't want to get over it!!!

Joanne Flamand, aka wannabelongarm

Artistic Quilt Designs

I too love this forum. I don't get to post very often as I have been so busy at work lately. I do try to at least check in to see what my "other family" is doing. You are all the best, most talented and loving group of people around. Thank you for letting me share the journey

Sylvia, now I can imagine that lovely soft southern accent! My daughter comes home from SCAD-Savannah with a hint of it. Very strange on top of her English/American accent.

I was in Florida many years ago. My MIL & I were at the supermarket and an elderly gentleman was packing our groceries. He commented on my accent & asked if I was from New England. I told him no, I was from Old England. He was very puzzled!

This Forum is my family without the Family hassles. Besides, my Family is 3000 miles away across the ocean. Love you guys!

(Said in my ordinary English accent!)

I totally agree with all of you! I learn something new every day that I have time to check in. I've been annoyed at work lately because it's been so crazy-busy that I haven't had much time to check what's happening on the forum on my lunch hour! :cool: but seriously, this is the best group of people ever!

My husband just asked me what I was looking at on my laptop (while he's watching the Super Bowl) and I said "my quilting forum, what else?!" :D:D:D

Thanks everyone for generously sharing so many tips with all of us! What a great bunch of friends. ;)

Anne, I don't know how lovely it is but I do try not to hold my vowels out tooooooooo long! You can tell a red neck if their i's are too long. Ha! You know liiiiiiiike and liiiiiight. And really regal southerners leave er off their words and replace them with the a sound. My matha (mother) and my fatha (father). "My,where are my mannas?"

Kristina,

I love my Blackberry! I can keep tabs on what's going on here where ever I go. I can't get too far away from the forum or I go through withdrawal.:D What's really bad is when I wake up in the middle of my sleep, I have to check in. Then I have trouble getting back to sleep. In fact, I could use a little nap right now, before I go to work. I probably wouldn't get any sleep anyway, because I'd been reading all the post! It's a vicious cycle! I love it though!

Sheryl

I pop in here off and on all day, every day, also, and it is the last thing that I do before I go to bed. I just have to see what everyone is up to, check for prayer requests and see any new pictures. This forum is a happy quilting community where we are all friends even though most of us haven't met, and we all like to spend time with our friends. :)

As far as accents, I figure none of you have an accent because you all sound like me! :P That's how I hear you talk when I read your posts. Sylvia, I probably sound like Lisa in MN and I'm guessing you sound like the Alabama belle that a friend married. Delightful!

Archived