Finally, finally, finally, getting back to quilting

Hi everyone,

Had my surgery a month ago and am now finally able to start getting back into the swing of things, sort of. It's been a slowww process, but I'm happy to be working again.

I put a quilt on the frame two days ago, and, oh my goodness, its going to take probably six days to do what should have taken a little more than a day to complete. I just get so worn out and sore in the abdomen. And I'm also having a hard time controlling my machine. It's like I'm a beginner again. I guess laying on the couch for two and a half months disintigrated all my muscles. Oh dear.

Anyway, I'm going to take a peek at some posts here on the forum and see what you all have been up to.

Glad to be back.

Jess

Guest Linda S

Welcome back, Jess! The healing process can really knock the stuffing out of you. I've had way too many surgeries in my life, including a three-level spinal fusion that kept me down for nearly two years! I'm just now really getting back in the saddle, and my legs and hips often hurt from standing at the machine. I'm lucky that I have a hydraulic lift, so I can sit when it gets to be too much. Take it slow and build your strength back up. It will come.

Jess,

Welcome back. It's so good to read that you feel well enough to be back at the machine. Just don't over do it!

While you may feel like a beginner today, remember that you have proof of your expertise in all of the lovely pictures you have posted. It won't take you that long to get back to that level.

Lynn

Archived