NQR URGENT Need for Prayers - UPDATE GOOD NEWS!

I know a lot of you are prayer warriers so I'm requesting prayers for my friend, Judy, and her daughter. The daughter attempted suicide last night by taking an overdose of pills and the only other information I have is that she may now need a liver transplant. I learned about this tragedy earlier today and it is heavy on my heart. Your prayers are greatly appreciated.

Thank you all for your prayers. Her kidneys have started to function again but there is still much concern for her liver and your continued prayers will be greatly appreciated.

Just got an update text from Judy. Liver tests are looking good (still concern,) massive UTI, lungs and throat bad. Prayers being answered, Thank You God! and everyone for continued prayers.

Guest Linda S

Carmen, I'm so sad to hear this happened. It's a good sign her kidneys started again. Let's pray that her youth helps her body and, eventually, her mind heal. I once was at the point of considering taking my own life (in my early 20s). Somehow I realized that no matter what I did, the sun would still come up tomorrow, life would go on without me, and I had no idea where I was going. I knew I had to try harder to make my life what I wanted it to be. I know that realization is really hard to come by. I hope she finds it.

Carmen, how old is she? You ask yourself why - how could this happen? Well, Severe depression is a deep hole where one lives. There is no light there and no way out. No one else around can see this hole nor see you in it. You are there completely alone. You can sometimes hear someone else speaking but you can not push through the darkness to connect to them. There is hurt also. The ball of hurt and pain lives at the base of the sternum. It is a very large ball that keeps the lungs from breathing deeply and stops the heart from loving. While in the hole of darkness one can not reach out and ask for help as the brain says no one is there and if they can't even see the dark hole, how can they even know how to help. (This is the way it feels when you think you are losing a child. This is how I felt in 1998 when I thought my daughter was surely going to die.) She is 34 now and well. I thank Jesus daily for the health of my children.)

Sylvia, that is a really great discription, thank you for sharing. I have been on depression medicine most of my adult life and have attempted suicide several times. I know it's hard to understand and it is a "permenant solution to a temporary problem". My heart and prayers go out to Carmen, Judy's daughter and her friends and family. Prayers work!!. PS, we really need spell check on here!!!!

My brother committed suicide so I know about the unbelievable pain and guilt it leaves behind. The last time I spoke to him we argued and I hung up on him, thinking he needed tough love. He was dead less than 12 hours later and I will never completely heal from the guilt. I hope and pray the daughter of your friend survives and they can find the help they need.

Archived