Picture of new grandson

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks everyone! It has been wonderful spending 24/7 with my 2 grandchildren, plus getting to hold my little Daniel. I feel like playing hookey the rest of the week, but I told my boss I'd be back tomorrow. I'll visit them again this weekend, if I can hold out that long.

One of the posts asked if I was tall...well I "was" 5 ft 8 in, but with some osteoporosis, I am now 5 ft 7 in. I also used to be thin. LOL Old age has its drawbacks, but the alternative is a heck of a lot worse. I also had brown hair. Now I'm glad just to have hair. :P

OK. Back to the kids now. I'll check in tonight when I get home. Thanks again for all the congratulations and good wishes.

Thanks again, ladies. Today I have to go to work (and tomorrow, too). I miss the kids already! I am seriously considering retiring at 62 (Nov) and becoming a full time babysitter. LOL But, I'm serious. I think I've had enough of my office job and may make that decision. Of course, this might be my reaction at the moment, so no official decisions will be made for quite a while.

Sandra,

Your new Little Man is adorable. I just have to say that God gave us children when we were young for a reason. I babysit my 2 year old grandson everyday. It's been the joy of my year to have him but, some days Gramma gets so tired. Mama to the rescue is such a relief. I need to go, he should be here any minute. Congratulations on your baby boy!:)

Thanks!!!

I gave my daughter one quilt already that was gender neutral - all flannel on the front and Minkee on the back.

I can't remember if I took any pictures or not. I can check. Since we didn't know the sex, I made 2 boy quilts and 2 girl quilts...just to be ready. I still need to put the labels on the 2 boy quilts for him so I can take them on the weekend. I'll try to get some pictures to post before I give them away. One is just a flannel panel quilted with a panto and the other is a very easy square and rectangle quilt, done with another panto. The 2nd one has a flannel back and is trimmed on the front with chinniel (I know I spelled that wrong!). Oh, and I do have another one or two boy quilts stashed away that I must pull out, too.

Archived