Tooting my own horn.

Today was our Guilds Sew Day. As usual, much of the day was spent having a meeting, then raffle drawings, and lastly, show and Tell.

We also had a reporter from the magazine, Lee County Living to do up a short article on how our guild helps the community and how we help each other.

Himself won one of the raffle Treasures.. Then helped me get out and show the 7 quilts we'd made between the two of us. Then the 32 pillow cases. ROFL.. well, we surprised ourselves on that one, as we ended up with 42. No idea where the last ten were made as I recognized the fabrics. Neither of us remember sewing them.

When we went back in the sewing room, I was to give a demo and help for stitching the easy curve, the same way the pricy special foot does it, but with a regular presser foot.

The reporter was right there, standing shooting down leaning over, on his knees and sitting on the floor. After I showed the gals how to do it and how it magically lays flat when done.. I walked the room to check and see how they were doing, and if anyone was having trouble.. twice turned around to bump into the photographer.. he finally did wander to the other ladies and talked with each of them, took picts of each, etc...

I went back and was trying to make sense of a giant pile of Pinwheel blocks.. and found out he was shooting without flash, over my shoulder. LOL, scared the p out of me.

I looked down and there was a giant splash of orange right between my boobs.... I asked him to promise to edit that splash so it didn't show. Then added, After all, anyone that knows me may doubt the photo, but not the spills, as I wear my food all the time. He laughed so hard, he finally sat and set his camera on the table until he could control the giggles... we all had a blast with him.

Just before he was to leave, he was talking to one member, and I heard her tell him that in hand quilting, the member wasn't there today, but I have one of those BIG machines and quilt for other people, and Quilts of Valor, too.

It was fun, but I'm afraid I took the interest and the Pres. was there, and the Secretary and we felt they should be the focal point.

One of the gals came over as she was leaving and told me I sure helped them make our Guild shine, and she thinks the article will be longer than 2 or 3 little paragraphs.

I hope I did, but really didn't intend to do anything outstanding. The pillowcases shown and turned in was pure wanting them out of my sewing room along with the quilts.

Anyway.. it was fun, and I got a lot of sewing done in spite of all the other that happened.

Not sure if I got picts of all the quilts we turned in, and two I showed were for two AM Vets who were injured in the Korean war... They both work at Walmart!~!

All in all a good, fun, laughing, visiting day for all of us.

Thanks Friends..;)

I posted a second message last night. Today it is gone!! boogers.

I don't know when the magazine, Lee County Living comes out.. probably May, possibly April.

He handed me a business card and said, Put it away, and I remembered last night. It was still in my apron pocket. It says he is also a contributing author for The Sanford Herald, our news paper. Will have to watch it also, as it is usually Thurs or Fri that this type of article comes out. I need to check on line and see if they have a site where we can read or check out something in the paper, and/or magazine.

Michele, I save that feature of me for you, specifically.. you are special to get them. ROFL..

Congrads Rita! Sounds like a wonderful day.

For those who haven't met Rita, she's a very charitable person...always thinking of and doing for others. Himself as well, jumping in and participating in the activity. Though not looking for attention for what they do, they certainly are well deserving.

Anita

Archived