Raffle Quilt finished! With Photo

This is the raffle quilt for our show in St Cloud, Minnesota, Oct 15 &16. A friend and I did the piecing and I got to do the quilting. It's been appraised at $2400. I've tried to attach some photos, but they are too large. Go to our club website to see the main photo or webshots to see closeups.

http://stcloudheritagequilters.com/

http://home-and-garden.webshots.com/album/580155821LtoNNh

post--13461906134104_thumb.jpg

The quilt took about 103 hours to piece. It is all paper-pieced. It took about 30 hours to do the machine quilting. The cc in the diamonds was done with my IQ. The feathering in the outer area is done free-hand. The large feathers in the gray areas were designed by me and duplicated with the IQ. All the fabrics are batiks from SewBatik

Anyone wanting tickets can email me. Our quilt show will hang over 500 quilts.

post--13461906134402_thumb.jpg

Wow that is a stunning quilt, both piecing and quilting,

I am paper piecing at the moment, and it is a longer process I feel than regular piecing, I hope it will be worth the extra effort when it is finished though. It was a little confusing in the beginning, but am getting there - slowly.

I love the batik colours too !!

Thank you for all your wonderful compliments. I'm the chair of our show this year and I'm so excited. I'm hoping the members sell all the tickets before the show ever starts.

Our theme is 'Not Your Grandma's Quilts'. I also feel that the quilts of my fellow guild members are outstanding. We have a very talented group of ladies. You should see our monthly show and tell. Our show is limited to our members only to enter quilts. We give out 40-60 ribbons (that we make) and it's all selected by viewers chose, so if you come to the show please make sure you vote.

Archived