New Customer Quilt - front pics added

This is the back of my latest customer quilt. I really like how it turned out. I am wondering if I should give her a little discount as I used toupe thread on the top and once in awhile I can see dots of it on the back. ??? I used the CL feathers in the squares, Deloa's Castle for the CH and freehand feathers in the border. Metro thread.

post--13461906185001_thumb.jpg

It looks good to me Sylvia. Isn't it funny how the imperfections loom so large in our mind and discount is the first thing we think of. I used to quote for a quilt, and then make the invoice for a little less, to cover anything that might not be absolutely perfect. I'm trying to get over it. Looking a customer in the eye and handing them an invoice for the correct amount is still hard, wether there are any imperfections or not. It will be interesting to see what others say. My thoughts are that from the photos it looks like a good job to me, plus all the experts are always saying, use a busy back, if the back was busy no one would know and therefore no discount.

I cam really close to swaping out the backing for a tone on tone or something and didn't. I have never had issues with pokes when using an APQS machine. This was the first time and it happened only on the four corners in the wreath. I will probably discount a bit since this is the first quilt I have done for her and I need her to love it!;)

I wouldn't give a discount as they'll probably disappear when washed. Also, you reallly don't look at the back. If you give a discount, she'll be using a magnify glass to find other things to get a discount. It is what it is and the back is beautiful. She'll love it as it is. No discount.

This was Quilters Dream Puff. I think next time I will order something less puffy and save the Puff for special quilts. I actually like the way the Puff looks and like the way Hobbs 80-20 feels when actually using the quilt. PS: if you are afraid of CHing, don't be. It goes fast and is easily done with the Castle.

It is a lovely quilt, beautifully quilted. NO DISCOUNT. Offering a discount would only say that you think there is a problem with it, a problem that the customer will probably not otherwise notice, but that she won't be able to get out of her mind once you point it out to her.

You all are so comforting and supportive!!! You have said really sweet things about my quilting and I appreciate it. I look on here and see such beautifully quilted tops that you all do and I am just blown away. One day I'd like to get there. I would encourage (and I know I am leaving out a ton of folks) Heidi, Linda S, Linda R, Patty, Bonnie, Libby, Dave - well you award winners know who you are - to keep posting pics even when you think they are just run of the mill. I helps give the rest of us good ideas and something excellent to shoot for!

Archived