radiant quilt design...what would you do with it? UPDATE WITH PHOTOS *** PATTERN NOW AVAILABLE

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Annie,

Do you know which collection it is in? I looked at the schedule and I am not sure if they list the quilts by fabric collection or some other type of collection. Road to California, held each January always has a lot of the challenge on display. Perhaps your quilt will be amongst them.

Sue

Originally posted by srichardson

Annie,

Do you know which collection it is in? I looked at the schedule and I am not sure if they list the quilts by fabric collection or some other type of collection. Road to California, held each January always has a lot of the challenge on display. Perhaps your quilt will be amongst them.

Sue

Oops, looks like they haven't posted the traveling schedule for 2011 yet. I'll check back next week.

Originally posted by LibbyG

Annie,

I love what you did with the quilt. Give us some details on the thread choice, color and batting you used. Thanks

It's got two layers of batting. W&N 50% blend on the bottom, Hobbs 80/20 on top. There's a variety of threads, I pick the color that matches best. Glide, So Fine, Invisifil (which is fabulous for tiny stippling!), and Superior's Metallics. The purple feathers were my favorite....antique gold metallic thread with a purple Sulky Holoshimmer curl inside.

Originally posted by chickenscratch

Love that one. I need that pattern too. LOL

Teresa, I love your sense of humor. I have lots of

"those" patterns too.

I love quilts that have a three-dimensional effect like this. It give you the sensation that you are falling into it. It's a quilting vortex drawing all of us into the world of quilting! "We're not in Kansas, Toto" :D

Archived