"BIG" Bobbin and new quilting feet

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Debi, it's brand spanking new - in fact, the APQS Sales Rep team just heard about it for the first time during this morning's conference call. It's my understanding that more information will be forthcoming from APQS in the next few days, so be patient.

AND along with the OPTION of the BIG Bobbin, there are new interchangeable feet coming. If you're ordering a new machine, it will already be capable of using the new feet. Older machines must be retrofitted.

It's an exciting time to order a new APQS machine! :D

One thing to note is that the BIG Bobbin is optional. The smaller bobbin is still best for smaller, detail stitching, BUT our new BIG Bobbin gives the best quality stitches of any of the "other" brands of machines that use the larger bobbin. This is due to the physics of our machine head. Our thread path is very direct and simple and our bobbin sits very close to the needle plate, so the thread doesn't have to travel a long distance to form the stitch.

This new BIG Bobbin will be a BIG advantage to pantograph quilters and those that do allover freehand quilting. The art quilter may still prefer the smaller bobbin if they like to change bobbin threads to match the top threads.

If my notes are correct from yesterday's sales call, the interchangeable feet will be:

1/4" closed toe foot will still be shipped with machines

optional feet will be: Low profile foot, low profile open toe foot and high profile open toe foot. I seem to remember her saying these would be available for George also.

This is all so exciting!! APQS is awsome! Customers asked for it and APQS delivered.

I've been telling APQS to do something with the bobbin for a long time. I even talked to Mike about the bobbin winder way back when it first came out that he needed to make the winder to except the "m" from the get go. I think it's been at least 3 years since that and now it's finally going to happen. And about the foot, yes, finally also. Been giving them little hints as well. Now the hook I'm not too worried about, because I like the "L" class bobbin better then the "M" class anyways. But that's just me. I have a hard time standing that long with the "M" class bobbin while quilting, so the "L" class is better for me. I am truley glad that now the turbo winder will be able to except the larger bobbin now and that means more people will be seeing the benefits of a fine bobbin winder. zeke................

hi Everyone!

We knew you'd love the great news about our Big Bobbin! If you have any questions don't hesitate to contact your dealer or contact us (or me) for help.

The interchangeable foot can be retrofitted to nearly every machine in the APQS family line up. The only machine that will not be able to handle the foot is the Ultimate II machine, which does not have a hopping foot. We will let you know very soon when the feet will be available.

We are excited about these great innovations and look forward to providing you with even more great products and educational opportunities in the months ahead. We continue to work on our Lifetime Learning Center and are creating lots of videos, handouts and more to help you learn how to use your APQS machine to its fullest potential. We will have these available through our website, Facebook, and YouTube just to name a few resources. As always, share your ideas with us!

Great news about the big bobbin and the new feet!

I will eagerly await some feedback from testers. I love the "L" bobbins and the great tension I get with them and know that the "G" brand machines which use the "M's" have constant and ongoing tension problems--really the main complaint from Gammill owners. Our tension assembly is very different from the Gammills so I can't wait to hear some input from users!

Yay AQPS for always moving ahead!

Originally posted by quiltingjoyful51

The new machines will come with your choice of L or M not both. Older machines will have to be sent in and run $1000. to reto fit. It will be about 6 weeks before this will be ready.

Hummm... Six weeks before they are ready. That should be right about the time my husband should be finished with my remodeling my quilting room and we can actually order my Millennium.:P:P:P:P:P:P:P How is that for timing? I think my husband planned that one out quite well.

Archived