When ordering rolls of batting from QD......

....do you get a notice that it has been shipped with a tracking number or SOME indication of delivery date?

I ordered a queen size roll of Dream Puff from Quiltbug.com several weeks ago. After a month I e-mailed asking about it and she told me QDs Puff machine was broken and they were waiting on parts........OK, no problem, as I was in no hurry for the batting. She said she would keep checking on it as she was doing the same for another customer. Well, today, without ANY notification at all, that big roll of batting was delivered. We happened to be gone, so the delivery person did put it in our shed. I had no idea it was in there until DH went out to feed the dog! Luckily we were only gone a short time and the shed wasn't locked. It was also raining! If we had been gone longer, shed locked and batting left by the door, what would have happened??? I have ALWAYS received a notice that something has been sent and most times there is a tracking # with the name of the shipper so I can watch for it OR make arrangements for someone to watch for it and take it inside. I know the batting is shipped directly from QD, so I blame them for not notifying me in some manner OR notifying Quiltbug so they could let me know it was coming. I am not a happy quilter at the moment and e-mailed both Quiltbug and QD with my complaint. Just wondering if anyone else has had problems like that. That roll of batting was not cheap and I would have been even more upset if it was damaged by the rain, and animal or stolen !

It will be interesting to see if I hear anything back fro QD about this.

OK, I have vented..............:mad:

Guest Linda S

I usually get a notice. Is Quilters Dream in your email address book? Their message may have gone to your spam folder and then you wouldn't have known it was coming. QD has always been great to me.

I thought of that (spam folder), but I always check the spam/junk mail folder before deleting and don't have messages automatically deleted. I have been watching e-mails closely and waiting for the notice that it was shipped. Glad to hear this is not common practice. I check my e-mail every day, too. I suppose my notice either got misdirected or is floating around in cyber space somewhere.

Do you order directly from QD or do you go through another site? I am not in a business to get wholesale from them or to buy in bulk. I know they list several places on their site that carry QD. I've ordered from Quiltbug before with other things and always have great service.

Must have been an oversight somewhere along the line, but could have been a very costly one for me. Thanks !

I get an email notice when my QD order is shipped and it tells me a delivery date with tracking number.....and also my invoice. I was actually notified by phone that my Dream Puff order was ready for shipment and if there was anything else I needed before they sent my order. I have instructed my UPS driver where to put the order if I am not in my studio.....sorry to hear you had a problem...

Janette

I love QD batting but their computer skills not so much. I have ordered from them for 3 or 4 yrs.

I ordered a roll of Puff and then 2 days later they called and told me about the machine being broken.

No Puff for 5 weeks. Huh? I did get the 4 queens of Puff in a box....addressed to Carol at

Ramona Quilter. Who's Carol? I think they morphed "Card" to "Carol".

Their computers are slow and maybe not so accurate with email and addresses. My 'boxed'

Puff got here with the wrong name. But I have never gotten an email from them. So I don't

expect to get any notification whenever I get my roll of Puff. It will just be a nice surprise on my porch.

About 3 years ago, I had two different QD deliveries arrive damaged. They were shipped as rolls with plastic wrap. The damage was from the shipper -- but QD refunded my money. I also had a roll arrive that was QD fault -- the batting was rolled off-kilter. They also refunded my money. The QD staff person said to let her know when I place an order, and she would make sure they double wrap it (since the shipper was hard on the rolls).

Anyway, I compared the price between QD rolls and prepackaged and it is the same. So, to save grief, I always order cartons of prepackaged now. And, yes, I am always notified when deliveries are due. It sounds like it is a foulup between the Quiltbug and QD perhaps, Vivian.

If I remember correctly I usually get a notificaiton. My delivery person would have put a note on my door telling me the delivery was in the shed. Sorry you had to wait for the delivery. I know it was really frustrating when the wool machine went down. I guess since I work in a field of specially made parts I understand the lead time associated with having a custom part made so the wait doesn't sound alraming to me. I hope you get to enjoy your batting now!

I am sure it was a frustrating experience and I am glad that you vented and sent complaints to both involved parties. Perhaps with the mechanical breakdown and then in the rush to fill the piled up orders they were a little less than correct in the way they handled the orders going out. I hope that the wheel that squeeked gets greased the next time. ;):)

I compared prices of packaged batts and the rolls and found them to be the same or close, but I think there is less waste with the rolls.

I was in no hurry for the batting when I ordered it, so the delay wasn't hurting me. I ordered because it was a good price and free shipping ! Two good things not to pass up. Just the surprise delivery is what got to me. Maybe I will hear from one or the other companies the first of the week.

I am glad to hear QD stands behind their product if there is a problem. I'll also check out Quilternatives ! Thanks !

I've always had good service from QD. I can order one batt, or many, or one roll, or many. They have no minimum. I'm sorry you had a surprise like that. I try to hang around when I know something is shipping but sometimes I miss them and find the box at my back door. Sometimes the UPS guy comes and I don't hear him. Later in the day I go out and almost stumble over the box! :D

I did have a curious thing happen when I ordered some shoes from Keen. The shoes arrived two days after I placed the order online, and four days later I got the email notification with tracking that they had shipped!:P:P

I hope you have better luck in the future Linda!:)

I have never had a problem with Quilters' Dream, but you do have to have a business license to order wholesale directly from the company. The Puff machine has apparently been fixed, & they shipped backorders last week. They do not deliver packages to my rural home, so it is always waiting at the warm, dry Post Office for me.

I ordered PUff on 7/8/11. They told me it was on back order, but I was not in a huge hurry, so no problem. I got an email 7-26-11 with invoice and shipping date with tracking number. However , it doesn't say where to go to check the tracking number, and no delivery date estimate.;);) Hope it gets here in good shape.

Originally posted by seakitten

I have never had a problem with Quilters' Dream, but you do have to have a business license to order wholesale directly from the company. The Puff machine has apparently been fixed, & they shipped backorders last week. They do not deliver packages to my rural home, so it is always waiting at the warm, dry Post Office for me.

Catherine, can I ask how much the shipping is to get it to Hawaii???

I don't have any problems with QD. Ok, I'll go there, they are 10 minutes from my house!! They call me about once every couple months to see if I need anything.:cool::cool: If anyone is coming through VA Beach on the weekend, I can pick your order up during their working hours during the week. Of course, you'll have to pay for the batting first:cool:

Archived