Glide thread??

If you want your thread to show a bit, Glide has a really nice sheen. It performs well, with very little breakage, so you don't have to slow down over seams like with some others. For me and my Millie, it is the most problem-free top thread I have used so far. The magna-glide classis bobbins are also wonderful...virtually no back-tension problems, and I never have the little "birds nests" on the back anymore.

Because Glide is a heavier thread, it does not replace something like Bottom Line for dense background fills where you want texture to show, not the thread...but it is really a nice product.

Originally posted by Tracey

So I was looking around at the glide thread. does anyone know how much it is and who likes it?? I noticed that Karen McTavish has her own lot of colours on the website. Can't find a cost though. Maybe I need more caffeine?

Tracey

OK, maybe I need more caffine as well. :D I don't see where Karen McTavish has her own colors. She gave a testimonial about Glide, but that's all I could find. Point me in the right direction, please ??? I thought I checked all places on the website. ????

Guest Linda S

Glide is my very favorite thread. The magnetic bobbins are the BOMB! I love them. I don't think I've wound one bobbin since I started using them. They are a little more expensive than most, but what they save me in winding and ripping is worth its weight in gold. It is a very strong thread with a nice soft luster. Fil-tec also makes a nice cotton called Cairo Quilt. They have a water-soluble thread that disappears in cold water -- great thread company!

Originally posted by Linda S

Glide is my very favorite thread. The magnetic bobbins are the BOMB! I love them. I don't think I've wound one bobbin since I started using them. They are a little more expensive than most, but what they save me in winding and ripping is worth its weight in gold. It is a very strong thread with a nice soft luster. Fil-tec also makes a nice cotton called Cairo Quilt. They have a water-soluble thread that disappears in cold water -- great thread company!

I totally agree with Linda on this one! I sold all my other prewound bobbins once I started using the Magna-Glides. NO tension issues with the Magna-Glides, even using different top threads. And the Glide top thread is beautiful. I haven't tried their cotton thread yet, but I am sure it is of equal quality. I highly recommend Fil-Tec's products!

Guest Linda S

Pat - they are more expensive than winding your own, but I've found the tension so consistent with them, that I consider the additional expense more than worth the time I spend winding, and the time and THREAD I waste when I'm ripping out bad tension from my own bobbins. Love, love, LOVE Magna Glide and Magna Quilt bobbins!

I've always wound my own. Love the magna bobbins. They are changing my mind even though they do cost more. Beautiful tension, never any back lash issues. I may just up my thread charge a bit.

Love Glide and the Cario Cottons. I tried the metallic this past weekend and it worked well. I had a little breakage issue and was wishing I had a 4.5 needle.

Originally posted by VIVIANMABLE

Originally posted by Tracey

So I was looking around at the glide thread. does anyone know how much it is and who likes it?? I noticed that Karen McTavish has her own lot of colours on the website. Can't find a cost though. Maybe I need more caffeine?

Tracey

OK, maybe I need more caffine as well. :D I don't see where Karen McTavish has her own colors. She gave a testimonial about Glide, but that's all I could find. Point me in the right direction, please ??? I thought I checked all places on the website. ????

Vivian...If you click on the 'buy now' button, it will take you to the sets of thread. One of them is Karen's favourite colours.

Tracey

I love, love, love it, I now use glide as my thread of choice for quilting and embroidery. I get perfect tension with the magnetic bobbins. If you register on their site, they will send you a sample package. They're the only company that I know of that asks us to test their products for them before putting them on their product listing!!! :cool::cool::cool: They even chime in here every now and then to answer or ask questions. I think their prices are current with other threads, and you don't need a business license to buy from them.

Love their threads, I also tested a couple of their samples. Most of my LA threads are Filtec and their magnetic core pre wound bobbins is a must, I don't wind bobbins anymore, tension is always good and their thread make my work look good.

I started using Classic bobbins and the Premo for heirloom quilting and loving the result, consistent tension and less expense also.

Corey

Archived