please pray!!!!!! hopefully final update!!!!!

I keep my husbands great nephew Reece (5 months old) on Thursdays. He is a sweetie. We just got a call that he fell off the bed while his older sister (17) was watching him. They have stat flighted him from our small town to Louisville KY. We have not been able to find out which hospital he is going to yet. Please pray.

9:00 am Sat.

Reece has a small amount of blood on his brain and a broken rib. His sister Casey broke his rib doing cpr until the ambulance came. He was vomiting a lot but has stopped. He will have another ct scan this morning to see if bleeding has stopped. Casey is a mess. Her and her 13 year old sister were at home babysitting. There is so much age difference between the older girls and Reece...he is spoiled rotten. Casey layed him on mom's bed to change his diaper. When she put it on one of the tabs was missing so she went to the dresser to get another diaper. He rolled off the bed. The bed is a tall one and they have hard wood floors.

Thanks for the prayers

Sat 9:30 pm....Reece will be coming home tomorrow. He must be flat on his back or stomach at all times for awhile to avoid pressure on his little brain. It will be difficult because he likes to" ride on the hip". I have a feeling his sisters will do their best to keep him entertained. He stopped breathing for approximately 15 minutes. Casey performed cpr until the emt's arrived and they took over. It took them another 5 minutes to get him breathing again. Even though she cracked a rib she saved his life. He was never without oxygen. Thanks to everyone that kept them in your thoughts and prayers. It will take awhile for Reece and Casey to heal from this but I am sure they will both recover.:):):)

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Linda S

Oh my - what a terrible accident. I hope the bleeding has stopped and he recovers completely. I imagine his sister feels so awful. Prayers and hugs for her too.

Archived