Fallon's Angel Quilt

This quilt was a whole lot of fun to do and I learned alot in doing it, however the whole purpose for the quilt was to have it to take her picture with and I dont know what I did wrong but I dont think the angel wings and halo show up as good as the others that I have seen posted here. I think one reason is that I did wash and dry it on low heat, because of the wool batting. It seems like it shrunk up some and in doing so I lost the dimension that was there before I washed it. I had to do a complete wash because I used a Frixion washable pen to mark with and it all came out very well, just that it also shrunk up a little more than I thought it would. I used a white batiste with a pink batick fabric underneath and it really looks more pink than white. the back is even more pink. The one thing that I probably will do differently the next time is I will do the trapunto the way that Heidi did on the wings, halo and feathers. If I had done that on this one they might have shown up better but the color difference would have been much more noticeable I am afraid. Any way here it is!!

post--1346190706314_thumb.jpg

Beautiful! So soft and sweet.

I use warm and natural soft and bright or dream puff for the angel quilts. If you want to use wool add a layer of a 80/20 or needled polyester behind it to give it some meat. You want fake trapunto, not real trapunto which is tooooo much work. It's very pretty. I've added crystals to the halo before if it is just going to be used for hanging on the wall. Great job.

Thanks Jo Ann

I did use a wool batting but next time I will use the added 80/20 to get the trapunto look. I love how soft it is and my daughter was just thrilled with it, but I wasn't as happy as I didnt get the trapunto look for the pictures that I wanted. I love the pattern and will be making another very soon. It is just wonderful, thanks so much for such a beautiful keepsake pattern.

Thanks everyone, that wholecloth was so much fun and I really love how easy it was to both mark and quilt. I would have thought it would take forever and be hard, but it really was a breeze. Every new little angel baby needs one of these quilts. Jo Ann you should get plenty in stock as I think the orders are going to be increasing with how many beautiful quilts have been made with it lately.

Kath have you heard about your Edgerider shipment yet? Should be coming soon!!

Archived