We are ready for MQX West

It is going to be so much fun meeting all the "MOXIES" & friends from MQS.

My friend Lori (new Freedom owner) & I are going to stay @ Marriott. Arriving Tuesday afternoon (via AMTRAK) just in time for IC Social. We are leaving Portland on Sunday the 16th, and yes, we are also coming for Thursday dinner.

I have 10, yes 10 IQ classes to take, see ya all very soon.

Corey

Guest Linda S

I'm leaving this morning. As soon as I pack, that is! :o I have to have my coffee before I get moving. I'm picking up my friend Michelle Wyman (from Atlanta) at the Portland airport this afternoon and we'll be staying at the Crowne Plaza. We're sight seeing for a few days before the show and, time permitting, will pitch in and help Janet-Lee and Mary with some show preparations. Friends, quilts, shopping, food, festivities . . . I'm so happy, I think I'll purr.

I am arriving with a friend on Tuesday and leaving Saturday.

This Friday and Saturday is Fabric Depot's 35% off all fabric and 25% off the rest of the store. Also check your hotel's local attractions rack for an FD flyer with a coupon. I have no classes on Saturday so after check-out that morning we are headed there. At the forum dinner see me if you want to ride over to FD on Saturday. FD has a wholesale policy where you get wholesale prices but do not need a business license. You must purchase in wholesale quantities though. A whole bolt of fabric, six packs of needles, Sewer's Aid in a box of six, etc. If you have room in luggage or have brought a car, keep that in mind. Go to the wholesale desk at the back of the store to ask for wholesale quantities at 40% off retail.

Class will be great, but almost secondary to meeting all the APQS forum bunch!:)

We will arrive on Tuesday. Staying at the Red Lion. Wow, Corey I thought I was going to be busy with 6 classses. Linda thanks (I think) for the wholesale info for FD. I may have to check that out. Looking forward to learning and meeting other longarmers!!! Carol noticed that the U2U I sent was not read. It might have been hung up for some reason. Anyway, see you this next week.

Heading up to WA now (one of many trips taking stuff...I'm towing a boat and my husband is towing a trailer this trip). Then I'll be back down in time for the IC social as well. See you all there!!!

Count me in for the Thursday dinner as well, please!

I'm leaving in about an hour. I'm going to spend a couple nights with Patty Jo (who unfortunately will be vending at a different show & can't come), then on to the show. Donna (Hitomi) & I will be at the Inn at the Convention Center. She gets in LATE Tuesday nite.

I'm not going to the IC Social (I'm in ice cream recovery), but I will drop by to say hi if possible. I have to leave early Saturday morning (to go down to PIQF in Santa Clara), but I would sure hate to miss that sale! Anybody want to go shopping Friday morning? Not that I have room -- my suitcase is so full with supplies for my classes that I hardly have room for clothes; I sure hope it's not cold. See you all soon!

I am coming into town Wednesday morning and have a class that afternoon. I am free Friday and Saturday for shopping, etc. If anyone needs to go to Schenck's or FD I am available.

I am at the Red Lion at the airport and will have my car. Will definately be at Paddy's Thurs night and the banquet on Friday.

See you all soon!!

Barb M is a trooper, we will miss you greatly @ Portland gathering.

I remember, we all hang out in MQS 2009 assigned APQS Big round table @ the middle of the grand foyer. Went to lunches and dinners with whoever is available & the fun of meeting in person the forum bunch you came to know in cyberspace is the best part of this trip. Newbie & not, you felt the warmth of a Family, you belong and that my friends is precious to me.

Corey

Yes, I'm packing right now too. I'm arriving into Portland late (11:00pm) Tuesday night and by the time I get to hotel, it'll be after midnight. Got a class at 8:00 in the morning Wednesday so probably won't get much sleep. I got a roll of blue ribbon and safety pins for anyone who forgets. Look for me. Looking forward to meeting everyone!!

Thanks ladies! I can't make the dinner on Thurs. so this may be my best chance to get to meet everyone. Sorry, I'm not bringing a show and tell, unless it's the current hand work project. I don't want to have to haul a quilt around with me. Handwork would keep me out of the ice cream though. Not a big fan, but peer pressure might call me!

Archived