Asian theme Strips and Curves--braid diagram added

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Joyce

Ok Linda, I'm sure that i'm not the only one that wants directions for the braidy thing. Another great job.

The batting was Fairfield poly--it didn't look that puffy until I started quilting!

Here is a diagram of the "braidy thing".

Very easy and forgiving--it would be wonderful done really small. It was easy because of the strips. Follow the seam doing fronds alternately. SID to the next seam, and remember to quilt the fronds going either all up or all down. Alternate the spacing so one frond points to the empty space next to it. Thanks for your wonderful comments--you are the best!!

post--13461907650447_thumb.jpg

Originally posted by kerileann

Linda,

I wanted to ask what your secret is for tracing those flowers in the fabric. Do you use Quilt Glide for this or is it just much practice? Any tricks you could divulge?

-Keri

Hi Keri,

My machine doesn't have Quilt Glide, but I do have the Bliss rail system, which is remarkably smooth and makes the machine easy to steer.

That said, the secret is to quilt slowly, watch ahead of the needle for where you are going, and use a blending-ish thread. We had originally decided on Metro bright shiny gold for all the quilting, but it was too bright and unforgiving for the outlining. I switched to a BottomLine dark gold color and was much happier.

Another secret for tracing flowers that look good? Only show photos of the good parts!!:P:P:P

• 1 month later...

Archived