Orca Bay part 1...

None of the kids helped...actually though, madeline wanted to make this mystery quilt too...but when she saw step 1...she decided to wait it out and see if I can revise the pattern a bit. Those pieces are too small four her. She picked lovely fabrics too out of my scrap bins...so she wil make something...just not sure what yet.

Part 2 is out...and since we pulled our water well pump yesterday...and going to do thanksgiving lunch tomorrow....that means sewing this afternoon!

Looks like I will be starting my blocks tomorrow, I found some lovely fabrics and will be going with a Christmas theme. Using as many christmas fabrics as possible in red, green, neutral and black. I have quite a bit of Christmas fabric in all the colors even the black. I hope it will work for me, excited to get started.

Sounds like you are on a roll, I dug out my fabrics but alas this morning a SBS was calling my name and has been waiting to get on the frame so I have spent most of the day quilting instead of working on my clues! Ugh!! I am glad that you are working hard at it, keep posting it gives me incentive to get busy. At least I have the fabrics ready. lol:P

My daughter, 13, has decided to do the mystery too. I am so excited. She has picked out her fabrics...and I will assist her in making the blocks for part 1. She is a little nervous about trying this quilt...but I told her with my help...she could do it!

Hint...for part 2...try piecing your strings on a full sheet of copy paper...then cutting into 6 smaller blocks. You only need to make 12 sheets this way. Madeline already sewed 24 blocks using this method...1/3 done.

Well ladies I've been putting it off because I only had a few scraps of black in the stash. That was the excuse. However, down at my local patchwork shop today, I bought five black fat quarters, so I'm in!

Hope I can keep up. This will be my first mystery with Bonnie - I just love her scrap quilts.

Anyway, I'll try to get at least some of the first part done this week and up on my blog.

I've just launched the blog this week and am still feeling my way, so anything can happen.

Judy

http://judiquilts.blogspot.com/

Archived