Orca Bay done

I just finished my second quilt on the long arm, my second quilt completely done on the long arm :) This is Bonnie Hunter's Orca Bay. I did an all over feather in the middle for texture. No marking at all. I loved the all over feather with that was posted about a week ago, but I just couldn't get that one down, I'll keep trying. I should have marked the first border and I think it would have turned out better. But it's for me so no big deal. You all are so inspiring for a newbie. I used bottom line on top and on bottom, I wanted the thread to just sink in after washing. I think I'm adding a link for 3 pictures, we'll see if it really works :)

IMG_0006.JPG

IMG_0012.JPG

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-YQnacZX_HxU/Txs8fMlVqqI/AAAAAAAAA5U/spCsTXZiE5c/s400/IMG_0009.JPG

post--13461907991602_thumb.jpg

Sue that is very nice! Great job on the quilt fabric choices and the quilting is awsome!

Love the camera angle on that close-up shot - cool way to look at things.... (other than getting back up off of the floor that is :D)

thanks for posting the photos - you are doing great! I never would have tried or made such great feather on my second quilt..... You should see that one! I don't even like the fabrics choices and it has such huge and sloppy meandering... yucky.....

Guest Linda S

I see what you mean. The quilting really sucks. (YEAH, RIGHT!). It looks great. Nothing to beat yourself up about. I find it very difficult to believe you've not machine quilted before. If you are indeed a newbie, you're doing just fine.

Guest Linda S

Ah, I thought you had quilting experience. Quilting on a domestic machine is actually harder than on a longarm. The important part is the visual memory, and you've obviously retained that. Your feathers are lovely. As you do more and more, I'm sure you will display a formidable talent. Good job!

Archived