Not your normal "heart" quilt--just finished. Another photo added.

Definitely not the normal colors or fabric for a heart-themed quilt!

The wide expanse of cream in the border and setting triangles softened it a bit, I guess.

What do you all do when the customer tells you they "hate" the quilt, don't have a final use for it, and say "do whatever"? I get a sinking feeling but realize that the quilt always look better after quilting.

I feel the leafy border quilting makes enough of a statement to counter the geometry of the plaid fabrics and bold sashings.

I'll let you know what she thinks of it...

post--13461908147341_thumb.jpg

Linda,

You're inspiring me to try those feather leaves. I love how you connected them into the side triangles. I couldn't tell, did you quilt in the sashings? I like how you did the lines around the heart, too. Just more great ideas for me to try! I'm sure she's going to love it!

Here's a closer look. For those who wondered, the hearts are hand-embroidered around with a reverse blanket stitch and heavy gold thread--done by the customer. The stitching stands out quite a bit and the motif inside the heart was stitched inside the embroidery. The sashing fabric has a double line of gold on the black, making a plaid--I stitched with black thread right between the two gold lines so it is crosshatched. Not easy to see, but it looks great on the back!

She picks it up in an hour--I'll let you know what she thinks of it.

Thanks for all the wonderful comments!

post--13461908149818_thumb.jpg

Archived