Not in the mood....

I have spells like that..........."just don't feel like it ". I was all fired up to do some serious machine quilting again after spending a lot of time piecing...........then I caught a cold and felt like CRAP for 3 days. Hoping to get back down there tomorrow. Going to be gone most of next week, so that takes care of that. Only MY quilts waiting to be quilted, so no money lost. :)

Sounds like we all have a case of the "when will winter be over" blues!

I also shut down when I have too much to do. Or when I can't face another lumpy/bumpy creation. Or when I need to quilt full speed through my two days off from the day job. Or when I crave chocolate. Or when it's rainy. Or sunny. Or snowy. Or when I have a hangnail. Or or or...

Let's just say, I can find lots to do instead of quilting--like chatting with my forum family!!:P

Guest Linda S

I think it's the grey weather. I've had a quilt on the frame for nearly a month. It's custom, but I just don't want to do it. I'm not really sure why, but I'm having the hardest time making myself get up there!

Yayyyyyy ! I made myself go down and finish mine today. Didn't take lone - just getting up and doing it. I thought about loading another one, but I am going to be gone for a week and might have a small baby quilt coming in soon after I get back. I'll do that one, then move on to another one of my own.

my song and dance exactly. I sure have very long dry spells where I just cant seem to get motivated at all. Hopefully, I am just over one of those. I have lots of quilts that I should be getting done. I agonized over finishing my quilt show entries and now that is done. So, after this upcoming weekend of lots of inspiration at our show, I hope to get back at it once again. Good Luck Linda. I certainly know where you are coming from. I still am thinking of a whole cloth but havent done the first thing about it yet. I also think there is a direct correlation between the mess in my quilting studio and my ambition to work. Seems once my studio becomes a disaster I dont want to venture up and look at it as then I would have to do something about it. Who wants to clean when you could be sewing anyway, but if there is such a mess you cant find stuff then cleaning it has to be. I think that is what keeps my studio door CLOSED!! anyone else?

Archived