NQR Maddie turns 5

Awesome Cake!!! What a great surprise for a 5 year old!!! Tomorrow I"ll be making a hockey player cake. The cake isn't a goalie but the grandson is. He's 14 tomorrow so maybe too old for a shape cake but Gramma's' gotta do what Gramma do!!! No other kids besides his sister here so it won't embarass him too much!!!

Thanks everybody. We all think she is pretty special and her smile lights up a room. She had so much joy yesterday and that just warms my heart. My daughter and I both had fun doing her party.

Virginia - I wouldn't say it is any better. In fact CPS was at their house again in the last two weeks. This time the school from her oldest called. Her oldest was premature, just like all 3 girls, but she almost didn't make it. She has a lot of health issues including being legally deaf. She has 10% hearing in her right ear and only 20% in her left. It seems her mother is too busy to get her new hearing aids. On top of that she has scoliosis (sp?) and her back is twising so that it is pushing into her lung. I don't know if CPS is going to do anything or not. It sure doesn't seem that way. BIL now has court papers so that she can never deny him access to Maddie without the courts getting involved any way. BIL has been taking her shopping jsut so that he can be sure Maddie has food in the house. It is really a sad situation and I'm proud of him for doing what he has to do. Maddie's mother is currently banning her own mother and stepfather access to the girls because her mother talked to the school. It is breaking her heart and I so know how she feels! I wish Maddie's mother would just get her act together. I just don't see that happening.

Guest Linda S

Oh what a special day! I'm so glad you are still so involved her in life and doing your best to give her as much normalcy as possible Heidi. I pray for your brother and Miss Maddie a lot.

Archived