Just for fun Jelly Roll

Hi again! I had to do the Jelly Roll Race...just had to...lol So today I finished quilting it. I always need to practice something so thought this the perfect opportunity for random feather and other stuff design. I used neon yellow thread and is some places it looks really good...heheh...other places not so much. But it was fun to do.

post--13461908692074_thumb.jpg

I think it looks great. I have one similar to yours to load in a few weeks (after vacation) and play. It will be a charity quilt, so I don't have to please a customer. I can just "do it." When I get home from Iceland, I will be having advanced quilt withdrawal symptoms and need to jump right in and start quilting again. :P

Thanks everyone. Sheila, I just started with a feather and filled and feathered as I went. No right, no wrong...a stress reliever...hehehe Oh, by the way, the top took took one hour and fifteen minutes to sew together not counting the borders!! Remember, this is the jelly roll race...hehehe

Della the back of your quilt is striking. Did you time yourself or count the bobbins? I'm gonna guess it took more than an hour to quilt! :P

A couple of weeks ago I found the instructions online and did a 1600 quilt. I wish I had mitered the strips together like you did but I just butted them. One day I will quilt it, maybe play around like you did, though I don't imagine mine being as spectacular!

Archived