NQR prayers for mom's sugery tomorrow - Update 6

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Linda S

Heidi - so glad she made it through okay. Get some rest and when you can go back and be her advocate. Sometimes you have to shake the tree a bit to get some action from the nurses. They have a tough job to do, many patients to tend, and sometimes they don't pay attention to every detail (who can blame them, right?), but when it's your loved one that needs help, you want to be sure you're there to help. I've got some hospital stories that weren't so fun. I survived, but it would have been a lot better if there had been someone there with me.

Originally posted by Linda S

Heidi - so glad she made it through okay. Get some rest and when you can go back and be her advocate. Sometimes you have to shake the tree a bit to get some action from the nurses. They have a tough job to do, many patients to tend, and sometimes they don't pay attention to every detail (who can blame them, right?), but when it's your loved one that needs help, you want to be sure you're there to help. I've got some hospital stories that weren't so fun. I survived, but it would have been a lot better if there had been someone there with me.

yes I've been in hospitals that have too many patients and they get no attention but this is not the case with this hospital! The cardiac unit is fabulous. She has her own nurse while in ICU that sits with only her. Then when she goes into the step down there are only 12 beds and they seemed very well attended while we walked through today. I wouldn't have left if that hadn't been the case. This hospital has a awesome reputation. I can call and get updates via the phone and I pass it along to everybody else since I'm the family designated representative. They are still trying to wean her off the vent. They haven't been able to manager her pain yet.

Things should be much better tomorrow and each day after that. My Dad went through triple bypass many years ago and seeing him that first time right out of surgery was awful. Then the next day the tubes start coming out and things progressed toward the better. Each day was better than the one before. Hang in there.

Jiedi, I am so glad to hear your mom came through the surgery and doing better. I pray for both of you. I know the waiting has to be hard and I am thinking of you. I have been through this with my mom. Your mom will be doing exceedingly better in a couple of days. Hang in there. Get some rest and give yourself a little pampering. You have been through so much. You deserve some pampering. Prayers, love and hugs coming your way.

Archived