Splish Splashin' away

Nope, not in the pool. It's actually not that hot here, sorry everyone in the heat wave:).

I got to take DeLoa's class at MQS in Kansas in May. She's a great teacher and I knew this would be fun to do. It is!! So much fun!

I'm more comfortable with the hump and bump feathers, so the free motion style feather was good practice for me. I'm not great at it, but it doesn't matter. It's a forgiving design:P:P

This is a small charity quilt for a customer.

post--13461908814084_thumb.jpg

close up of the last corner. Don't know if you can tell, but I felt a big difference when I got to the bottom. I was better able to plan direction and fill spaces more evenly.

Let's see, this one was glide thread on top, rainbow variegated on the back, warm and natural 50/50 batting.

post--13461908814533_thumb.jpg

Originally posted by sandradarlington

I love your feathers, too.

I never thought of using Rainbows in the bobbin...what fun that would be. Do you have any words of advise for using it in the bobbins?

I tightened up the bobbin tension slightly.

The only trouble I noticed was that the Rainbow thread sometimes gobbed up under the quilt. Like an extra piece got loose and then I stitched over it. I'm guessing that because the Rainbow is so slippery, that when I stop moving the machine and restart quickly, the bobbin gets some backspin. I was able to pick the extra thread out and trim it off easily. I've got a washer ?? I think it's a washer, that's supposed to fix this, but haven't been brave enough to try it yet;)

Archived