Embarassed but funny

One day last weekend, I was sitting at the computer and saw a movement out of the corner of my eye. I looked a bit closer, and not willing to ever be near a spider, the closer isn't close at all. Well I pushed the desk chair on wheels out of the way as I stood up grabbing the fly swatter off the table beside me, and when I looked again, he wasn't there.

I thought maybe he had scooted under a couple of papers I had there. so began pounding the paper . I reached over with the swatter handle, and lifted the paper, no spider.

so I brought my chair back to where it usually is. Sat down, glanced over and there was that danged spider again. I decided to be real brave, and leaned a bit closer, by about 3 inces. As Ieaned closer, It disappeared. I in frustration, tired, still grasping that fly swatter, and the spider was there again. Finally actually being brave (for me !) I leamed over actually close and on the way to really getting a close look, I watched the thing and finally realized it wasn't a spider. I had beaten the life out of the reflection, in a CD that was laying there.

And No I did not learn to lean closer to spiders, lol those poor CD's!!! :P:P:P

I love spiders! So very few are dangerous in the US, and they eat so many truly nasty bugs. I suppose you would not enjoy my front porch, where two spiders have made big webs that I am going to claim are Halloween decorations. Its bad luck to squish a spider, and I am rather zen about letting things live that aren't hurting me.

I hate spiders. They seem to love the outside wall of my sewing room and inside. I never go downstairs unless I have a slip-on shoe on so I can slam them fast. It's a wonder I haven't broken the sheet rock. Picture this also I keep towels on the hook on the bathroom wall. I FORGOT to shake the towel before the shower. Got out of shower, remembered to shake the towel, no glasses on but I can see something brown fall and start running, I am naked, spider falls to the floor and has my exit blocked and I'm screaming bloody murder and the spider is running for it's life. Of course my shoes are on the other side of it. I am surprised I survived that. I'll take 20 mice any ole day compared to 1 spider.

Diana

Oh so funny. I too have swatted at balls of thread in my studio. I hate spiders too.

Buit, I am terrified of mice. They just give me heebie geebies. Once my husband had to go out of town on a business trip. I took him to the airport and when I returned home a package of hamburger buns were gone from the counter. I was so sure it was a mouse that had gotten them. I moved to my girlfriends house, waiting for my husband to return. Sharon is not afraid of anything. We went to two grocery stores and I bought every mouse trap they had, about 20 of them. We went back to my house where I insisted she set all of them in my kitchen. When I picked my husband up from the airport, I dropped him off at our house and told him to call me at Sharon's after he caught the mouse. He found a squirell in our basement. To me that was not near as bad as a mouse.

I just love all the stories you have told. I still see me going at it.

I had another incident, and last night as I showered, I saw a tiny Daddy Long Legs in the corner of the shower curtain, in the tub. I was so very brave, Yelled at himself and he got it and flushed it. I still don't know how I was so brave. Probably because I didn't want to fall again.

Thanks Ladies!!

Archived