An Avalanche of Fabric

Five years ago I would not have made this quilt, nor would I have been attracted to this fabric.  Times change :) This pattern is called An Avalanche of Fabric and went together SO easy.  The fabric line is Simple Marks by Moda...I have seen it done up a number of different ways already.  The pattern suggested squiggly lines following the piecing...it's a throw over a chair, so I'm not worried about excessive wear and tear.  I did squiggly piano keys around the blue border and bubbles (or olives) around the red.  Once again I use my baby poo colored thread...works everytime!

8455387841_bd3e5bd9e3.jpg
DSC03458 by Edna807, on Flickr

Charlotte, I love this and your squiggly line piano keys is a real winner. Can you tell me please, the brand that the 'baby poo' coloured thread is? I might need to add it to my collection, if its not there already. :)

I use Perma Core Sumac...bought it at a quilt show.  Others on the Forum have said they too have a baby poo color in different brands.  It's one of those colors that when you show the customer you have to say "Don't look at the spool...wait until I get it pooled in the quilt"!

Archived