It's time UPDATE SOLD

The first person on my list (long time forum member) came today and bought it all.  The 2nd person on the list came last Friday and wanted it all if it didn't sell today. It is a bittersweet day.....I miss Elmer so much.....

As some of you that have been on here for a long while may remember, we were just days from opening our business when Elmer was diagnosed with cancer.  Everything was put on hold at that point (May 2012). I have struggled with what to do since he passed away in Feb.  I had to move EVERYTHING out of the basement we were going to operate out of so it could be turned into a rental unit. All of it is stuffed in my upstairs.  I have finally come to a decision. I realize that if I sold everything  separately  I could make more money but I can’t deal with it.  There is more than enough to start a business.

EVERYTHING needs to go......

Lightly used 2009 Millie……. Dave Jones recently gave her a complete spa and she has not been used since I tried her out that day…..smooth as glass.  She has about everything except Bliss. She comes with  M & M wheels…quilt glide (never used)...black light (never used)...Dave Jones Lights (never used)…automatic advance....hydraulic lift....R & S camera…12 foot table…. Saddle stool….2 Hartley Base expanders (with and without thread cutter)….micro handles…Towa gauge….LOTS of pantographs…quiltazoid…and front attachment…LOTS of boards (R & S and quiltazoid) rulers….templates…. SOOO much thread……SOOO many bobbins….needles……zippers....leader grips

Studio Accu cut …..LOTS and LOTS of boards…strips of all sizes…applique…and more ….most never used….great to make kits to sell.

Fabric…..I don’t even know where to start….Bolts of wide backing (prints and solid)…..shelf after shelf of cotton quilt fabric…..fleece……LOTS of Hobbs batting…

2 small new Janome sewing machines…… at least 3 other older machines.

Machine Quilting Books and DVD’s

I do not want to sell anything separately.  It would be super if someone lived close enough to come rummage through everything! There is so much that I’m sure I can’t remember it all. If there is no interest, I will advertise locally.

………$20,000….located in Scottsburg Indiana….30 miles north of Louisville Ky…….80 miles south of Indianapolis Indiana…….1 1/2 hours from Cincinnati Ohio………I am 5 miles from I- 65.

Cheri Blevins (812) 889-2237

Cheri, you have made a well thought out decision and are offering a fabulous deal for someone wanting to start a business.  I hope it sells quickly!   

Sometimes it's hard to buy more fabric when our closets are already full and yours were over-flowing. With all of the beautiful fabrics coming out, shopping for new fabric for a specific project will be fun.    Maybe a New Generation Millie, just for you, is in the future?

Wish you the best dear quilting friend,

All the best to you Cheri. Your posts on Caring Bridge have helped me so much, I hope you continue to post there AND here, if it will be a comfort to YOU. I know selling your machine and everything that goes with it was not an easily made decision. Perhaps someone else will carry forward your dream of starting a business. I hope you find a buyer quickly so this can be one burden off your shoulders! :wub:

Cheri,  Wish I was home and could be there just to talk.  Miss you and will be home soon.  Even with you selling everything we can still piece and I have my longarm to help you finish yours if that is what you want to do.  Call me tomorrow or even tonight if you will.  Sending you hugs and will be home soon.  Barb

Cheri,   (((Hugs))) This was a really tough decision for you.  I'm sure it was right to take the time to reach it and I hope that, having reached it, you are feeling a sense of relief.  I hope someone comes along very fast to take up this great offer and removes the burden completely from your shoulders.  As others have said, what ever you go on to do please don't leave the forum - you are part of this community.  I send you love and much good luck that this package sells very quickly.

Cheri,

I know this was a hard decision.....have you thought of having someone sell everything for you?  I know there are professionals around here that will do estate sales....I think they do just about everything....take percentage of course.....but  you may get a bit more even with that.......my brother recently died unexpectedly and my sister-in-law has been dealing with the buisness that they had together....my brother handled the business end and some of the technical aspects so she has really been on a learning curve and debated if she would continue on...(weaving and pottery) but decided to give it a try.....hugs...Lin

I have spent the past 2 days organizing "the goodies" and think I am getting close! I had no idea how much stuff I actually had. I told one person that called that I probably had 20 or 25 bolts plus all the shelves of fabric......turns out it is closer to 60 or 70 bolts!  LOL   I had forgotten how much batting too! over 30 packages of Hobbs Tuscanny....partial roll of 80/20 and almost a full roll of poly. 

There has been quite a bit of interest and someone is coming Monday.....I will wait until she looks and then contact the others on the list.  I have taken pictures of the stuff but do not know how to post them. I may put them on my old website later.

Thanks everyone for all the prayers and support.

I wish that I could hug you in person.  While my heart aches, I'm so glad that the sale took place and that everything is going to a good home.  Even the hurt is part of the process of moving forward.  Your strength and grace have been amazing to watch.  Your angels are around you; let them lift you up as needed.

Lynn

You will feel so much lighter after these things are picked up.  What a blessing that all of it is going to one person.  That's wonderful.  You've made another step forward...you should feel proud of yourself.  I know Elmer is watching out for you and he approves of this.

Archived