Triple Irish Chain- just finished

This is another one of those tops I bought from Ebay a few months ago.  Nothing spectacular for the quilting.... very traditional.

Diagonal lines through the small blocks, a daisy with leaves in the white blocks.  The back is prettier than the front. 

I still  have to put the binding on and soak it to get the blue marker out.  https://www.flickr.com/photos/jtconcessions/14406857112/

You inspired me to finish a Triple Irish Chain I have going.    I started quilting and didn't like what I had in the plain blocks.   I had one row done and just took the quilt sandwich off the frame to deal with later when the mood struck me.   I've been working on another project while deciding what to do with the TRC.   I am frogging the blocks I don't like and will get it back on the frame with a different motif in those blocks.

I'm anxious to get it finished now !   Thanks !   Love those zipper leaders for just times like this.

I did use a daisy stencil, then I echoed it and added freehand leaves to finish filling the white space.  The diagonal lines were done a little bit at a time with a ruler. 

Forgot to mention the batting is polyester low loft. The top threads (maxilock) were green in the colored areas and white in the white area.  The bobbin thread is off white on an off white fabric. 

Really pretty.  Question though -- is your outer border just those big swirls, or did you add quilting to them after the photos?  I don't think I would have left the center so densely quilted and then hardly any quilting in the outer border.  That said, I love the block designs and yes, the design is beautiful.

Linda, yes, it is just the big swirls. I will have to put it back on there to add something else.  That's the one problem I have. I can't figure out what designs to put where, unless I am looking at what somebody else did.  I need a class that tells me how to mix and match design ideas to fill up a space.

Archived