Introduction and show and tell

Hello,

I am Tracey Petersen and I am in Townsville, Australia where it is always tropical and warm. I bought my APQS Millennium at the end of March. I had owned a small quilting machine for a year prior to buyng what I should have bought in the first place!

I have attached some photos of client quilt which I finished this week. The client is thrilled with it. What do you think? I would love your feedback.

This is the front of the quilt

post--13461897985718_thumb.jpg

Hi and welcome. When I saw the first photo, I was going to say that I really like the leaf motif in the center of the square; I couldn't see much of the rest of it.

But then I scrolled down and saw that you posted the back. Oh, my! This is fabulous. I always like the backs, you can really see the quilting then. And No Fear solid backing. Way to go! I love that outer border/sash around the squares - the swirl-saw-like half-spiral. It is way cool. This quilt top has a lot going on. Your quilting seems to give it purpose. I do like the back more than the front. I could look at the back endlessly.

Tracey,

What beautiful quilting work. I saw you were from Townsville and it immediately took me back to 2000. We were aboard a scuba diving cruise out of Townsville when Cyclone Tessie chased us into Townsville. We spent several days in one of the hotels with no electricity. Actually, it was delightful!!

You have a lovely city. Thanks for bringing back the memories.

Linda Esenbock

Peppermint, wonderful qulting job! I was first drawn by all those wonderful fabrics she used on the front of the quilt. I'm a traditional quilter and have never used fabrics so vibrant and busy but I sure do love them and should be getting a stash of them. Can you tell me, are they Australian fabrics?

Rita

Canada

Fantastic quilting Tracey. My friend Lorraine lives in Canberra where we lived for two years. Australia is such a great country for creativity and you seem to have a big supply of that. Our daughter was born in Canberra and just arrived in Sydney yesterday for a three week trip to do research for a movie script. (She lives in Los Angeles and we're in Phoenix, AZ) I asked her to pick up Australian Patchwork magazine for me so I can learn more about quilting in Australia. Also met up with several Aussies at the Houston show. Hope you keep posting on the chat so we can see more of your wonderful work and get to know you. It's amazing that we are half way around the world and are sharing stories and photos. Think I'll try some of your shapes on a quilt. Thank you Tracey.

Vicki

I would love to see more close ups......................from what I can see it looks great!

Welcome to the longarm fourm! I am in New Mexico the high desert of the American Southwest. Right now we have patches of snow outside....................we got a late snowstorm the other day when we should be enjoying spring weather. Being in the desert I am grateful for any moisture we get though!

Archived