Stumped finished w/pics

Thanks for all the kind words!

To do the crosshatching, I put some painters tape on my ruler as a reference and went for it. I didn't realize how hard it would be to match up all the different lines coming together though.

After I started I realized that I have a Hartley Fence, and should have used that. I saw Myrna doing crosshatch with it at the Nashville AQS Expo last year, but I didn't have my machine yet, so it was a bit over my head.

Maybe someone will demonstrate for me this coming week at the expo!!:)

Jill--

You nailed it! The designs you chose were perfect--the combo of beautiful crosshatching and the great feathers contrasted perfectly--the feathers softened the angles and made you really look at the piecing. An all-around stunning job! Now I know who to ask when I am stumped--you!!!

Originally posted by jzollin

Thanks for all the kind words!

To do the crosshatching, I put some painters tape on my ruler as a reference and went for it. I didn't realize how hard it would be to match up all the different lines coming together though.

After I started I realized that I have a Hartley Fence, and should have used that. I saw Myrna doing crosshatch with it at the Nashville AQS Expo last year, but I didn't have my machine yet, so it was a bit over my head.

Maybe someone will demonstrate for me this coming week at the expo!!:)

I just got her DVD on how to use the Hartley Fence and it showed how to do crosshatching. I highly recommend it.

Oh yeah, great job on the quilt.

Thanks Julie, I did stop by and see Myrna at the Nashville show. We went over the HF a bit, and she did say that it is best to crosshatch with it for larger areas. I am glad to say that I will think to use it if I ever do whole blocks with it in.

Kathy, I did freehand the feathers.....so don't look too closely!:)

Archived