You know you are a hard-core quilter when...

Stunning combination---when we are finished having teenagers and their friends over at our house--that is exactly what I want. Right now our couch is a hand-me-down from my parents--and I had to restitch together some of the fabric this winter--but it is still doing it\'s job for us.

Congratulations on your wonderful purchase!!

Even the size of the sofa fits perfectly! Its probably a good thing they don\'t make custom bed sizes, as we\'d all be out fitting bed sizes to quilts!

Nice looking quilt...my DH would like that combo, too! We have a floating sofa, so the quilt hangs over the back of it. But it doesn\'t fit as nicely as yours!

Hi everyone--

The pattern is a courthouse steps style block--10" finished square with centers all the same blue. It has 50+ batiks that I couldn\'t resist (you know what I mean!!) It is my first quilt that I was proud to show off. This hung at Innovations in 2006 as a newbie quilt. That took a bit of nerve!!

Hi Bev--yes, I am planning to attend the meeting at Nancy Jo\'s and am looking forward to your hosting at Bekah\'s in May! I wish I lived closer--I miss you and Jim!

I love my new couch-- I nap-tested it right away!

Linda,

The sofa and quilt are a match made in quilter heaven. Yes, I think we all know the call of batik cloth. It\'s the best for so many designs, traditional and contemporary as well as art style.

Enjoy that leather. I love designing with leather and looking at plus it wears like iron. We reared three boys on ours and it still looks like new after 25 yrs. Well actually the place where DH sits every night is a little flatter than the other cushions but if he sat on me every night I\'d be a little flatter too! LOL hey, maybe that could be a good thing!

You know you are hard-core quilter when you buy a new couch to match the quilt!

So clever, so cute!

But do be so careful about the direct sunlight! ! I don\'t know about the dyes used on batiks, but most fabric dyes are only sun resistant for about 25-30 hours, and it would be a shame to lose the wonderfulness of this quilt to fading.

Several years ago I knitted a sampler afghan of about 60 squares, each a different pattern, and the recipient had it displayed just like yours. I was crushed when I saw it later as the sun had faded it almost beyond recognition. While I was pleased it was displayed in a position to be viewed by all, I was crushed that the beauty of the color was "thrown away to the sun".

When.... You win the radio trivia question:

Jacob\'s Ladder, Garden of Eden, and Joseph\'s Coat are what???

Answer Quilt patterns.

I won the trivia question this morning. Nobody else even had a clue. I just wish I would have said Teresa Taylor from ChickenScratch Quilting Company, when he asked me my name. Stupid me, I just said Teresa Taylor from Finley, TN. Oh well, maybe next time. LOL

Archived