Pictures -- AT LAST!

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sew Happy: Sorry, just now saw your question about the jacket pattern. It is Susan Italo\'s Wild Onion Jacket. Just google it. Very easy.

Phyllis: I really think you should come down here for lunch and spend the night. I would LOVE it. Someone needs to baby me after my surgery, lol, and you are such a super nurse. JUST KIDDING. Suppose to be fine with maybe the need for some Advil for a few days. But really, would love for you to visit. We could both make a bow-tucks purse and you would have another class sample. Maybe use matching fabric so we can quilt both at the same time.

(FYI to everyone else: Phyllis is teaching now at a LQS on how to make that darling tote/purse you all saw me carrying at MQS. AHAAAAAA!!! I\'ll post a picture. Oh, and the surgery I am having is for vericose veins via some new lazer invention.)

Hugs,

HEY LINDA!

I was thinking about you last night and wondering how you are these days and what you are up to. I know you must be super-skinny by now. Wish I was.

Thanks for the compliment. I\'m not always that tidy. Remember, I JUST moved in. I\'m being careful trying to keep it neat because it is new, but I\'m sure that will pass soon. You just cannot be a quilter and not make a mess. Last week, I was carefully throwing all the threads and little scraps in the trash. This week, they are all over the floor. :D

By next week, I may have to shovel a path.

Hugs,

Oh boy, I really love your quilting space. Gorgeous!!! I\'m in a basement, although the one end does have windows to the back yard, so I have some light during the day (while I\'m away at work). I have to constantly move things out of the way to walk around the room and cut through it to get to the laundry room. BUT, at least I have a dedicated room for my stuff, even though it is too small.

I look and feel green--your space is incredible--I\'m in an unfinished basement (altho there is talk about some finishing...) Your studio is perfect! I tell folks that once I begin quilting I never think about my environment--which is true! That said...how inspiring, uplifting, motivating it must be to work in your space! Good for you!! Jane

Great space Joy. It has all the ingredients for success in anything you do. In one of the recent magazines there was a request for articles and photographs of sewing spaces for an upcoming section in their magazine and yours would be perfect. Maybe someone online saw it too and can remember the information.

Your quilts are lovely too Joy.

Vicki

Originally posted by SheriB

the big room above the 2 1/2" stall garage, so mine\'s not as big.......

Oh Sheri - I just had a laugh when I read this! You are really thinking piecing aren\'t you? Must be a VERY tiny space!!;)

Joy - I LOVE your space!! I am with a few others here, not in the dining room, but in the living room. Someday when we finish the basement I might move down there.... which would not be too bad. It has over 9\' high ceilings and I get to tell him where to put the lights. It is still just 2 by 4\'s and the load-bearing walls.... so it could be awhile!!

Joy,

My quilting friend has an attic she wants to convert to a studio. She\'s looking as yours as an inspiration and something to model hers after.

Two Questions:

1. What are the dimensions of your space?

2. Where do you keep your stash?

Thanks.

P.S. I love the white walls and wood floor and all that S P A C E ........

Joy,

You did a lovely job of creating a space for your passion and as Shana said, it fits your name perfectly! If you weren\'t smiling on the way up there you sure would be once you walked in the room. And there\'s even a place for goodies!;)

A couple of gals mentioned you\'re in MT..where. I\'ll be in Kalispell end of July and most/all of August. I\'d love to meet you.

I have to show these pics to my hubby...I really would love to convert our attic to a sewing/quilting room. It\'s 25 X 40\'. It\'s over our garage too and already has a nice subfloor. I like the way you put in the big window at the end. DH keeps saying I would need to have a dormer put in for additional light and floor space. He keeps fogeting my present sewing roomi s 12 x 12! My future LA will be going in the basement..it\'s all finished nicely but no windows. The attic would allow me to have it all together except for my stash...that just wouldn\'t fit!:D

I\'ve been doing "crash sewing" trying to get all of my class samples ready before Monday, so I haven\'t been on the computer much. I\'m just now getting caught up on reading this forum.

Joy, I\'d love to come up and visit you. I\'ve got to see your gorgeous quilt studio in person.

While Joy says she is messy and her studio is just as messy as the rest of ours, I can guarantee that it isn\'t. I saw her sewing room the morning we left for MQS. It was spotless and I think she\'d just finished making two or three shirts the day before. She says she just makes sure she cleans up after each project before she starts the next one. The problem with that is that I never finish one project before I start the next one; therefore, my cutting table is stacked in layers of projects and I work in the middle of the table in about one square foot.

Joy, looking forward to getting together again. Is your surgery next week?

Back to work. I\'m trying to get caught up with all of the stuff I postponed to get my class samples completed.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived