Another one of Claudia's Quilts

Claudia was very generous and sent me a packet of fabrics to also be a part of the challenge. I didn't make the deadline of the end of June, but I did get it finished today. Only 10 days late. First I'll post a picture of the scraps that i had left

2993915550094956607S425x425Q85.jpg

And now here is the quilt that I made. I've named - - - - -

drum roll here .........................................................

"Claudia's Star in the Marketplace"

And here is the pic of it..

2518832830094956607S500x500Q85.jpg

I used buttons from my mom & grandma's button tin as well as some bling that I picked up somewhere. So here is a closer look at it.

2724293450094956607S500x500Q85.jpg

thanks for looking. It was fun and Claudia - I'm sorry that I didn't meet the deadline, but I sure enjoyed working with you beautiful fabrics. Can't wait to get my hands on some more of it.

Thanks for all of your kind words. I loved making this and even though I don't think the pictures do this fabric justice, I've had a couple of quilty friends just ohhhh and awwwwe over the fabric.

Bonnie, I thought that the whole time I was working on it. It looks like a moroccan marketplace to me, so that's how the name came about. I love to name my quilts and there have only been a few that I just couldn't come up with a very neat name. As far as the embellishments go, I found quite a few things that could have gone on it, but DH said he thought the tassels would be going overboard!!!

Patty Jo,

I love this, great design for the fabrics, very creative!

(We still need to get together for a coffee, call you after Sisters! :) )

Thank you all for your very nice words. As I said, I loved working on this. Kind of flew by the seat of my pants and it finially came together sort of like I planned. The buttons and Bling were not in the original plan, but I'm glad that I added them. There is even a pair of earrings on it....can you find them?

Linda A - I was hopeing to see you at Sisters, but I'm not going to make it this year. So, give me a jingle when you get back on this side of the mountains and we can get together.

Heyyyy....ladies....I´m here again!;)

I was a little lost with out a computer and without my morning coffee break in front of the APQS chat;):D:cool:

But now....the holidays are over and I arrived back at home yesterday....I´m only missing the warm and sunny weather in Spain!

Paty Jo! I looooove this quilt.....wow.... the combination of the fabrics is "super"!:D

And the idea with the buttons and the earrings....... coooool!:cool:

Don´t worry about the missed deadline*lol* ...I think they are some more quilts missing;)

The fabrics should arrive soon in the quiltshops, the anouncement is already on the Benartex website - latest news!:D

Have a great day.....and I´m happy to be back at chat;)

Claudia

Archived