Pics of my DESIGN OPPORTUNITY

Ok, here are the pics of my design opportunity. For those who didn't see my original post, I made a mistake when adding additional backing (because I miss-calculated the length of my backer. When I did so, the raw edges of the seam ended up on the outside of the quilt rather than inside the sandwich. this is how I treated my Design Opportunity.

First a full picture and the 2nd one is a partial picture of the back "label"

2314932970094956607S500x500Q85.jpg

Just for our friends and their new little ones protection, I didn't take the picture of her name or where they are. It's a sad day in our country when we can't even share information on a new little one.

2578964430094956607S500x500Q85.jpg

Thank you for looking at how I solved my mistake ;)and from the pictures, you can see a few more that my label didn't cover!!:D:D there is a reason for my "motto" under my signature.:cool:

PattyJo...did you paint that panel or is that a purchased panel...WAY cute....I just love it...

And your cover up was a perfect fix. Will put that in my brain computer to use in the future....as I'm pretty sure someday I too will do that..:cool:;)

Love the quilt it is so sweet. I cant remember who makes those panels but I have done about 4 or 5 of them the last few years think I still have one in the stash for the next grandchild or baby that comes along. I have made a pink, purple, blue and green I think. they are all similar but a little different. great oppurtunity to do quilting outlines, doodling and whatever. jeanne

How adorable, the quilt is soooo cute, we wouldn't even know the label was a "design opportunity" if you wouldn't point it out. We always do point out our booboo's. Well the parents are going to be very pleased. I'll bet its gonna be the most showed off gift.

You guys are great. You even praise my booboo's!!LOL:D There's a reason I hang around here?! The Panel is "It's A Girl! by Deb Strain for moda". I was at a small quilt shop last Spring and this bolt was in the clearance and marked way down, the 5 or 6 of us each bought a couple and took the rest of the bolt, then we had to promise that if we used it for a baby shower, we had to make sure that no one else in the group was going to the same shower!!! Didn't want a new mommy to end up with 6 new qults all exactly the same.

I used "Soft and Bright" Poly Batt by the warm & natural Co. for batting. Got it at Joann's (50% off) to use on my stuff. I like it cause it isn't too thick, it isn't to expensive, and it drapes well.

Thanks again for all your good thoughts & comments :D:cool::D

Kenna, I guess that I'm a bit of a risk taker. Afterall, if I wasn't willing to fail, I'd never have any success either. I've been listening to the Nike ad's too much and I just Go For It!! LOL:D Plus, I had 2 more of these panels, and if it didn't work, I could have made another one, and sent this one to the Pregnancy Center here in town for some new Mom. So I guess I had a safety net on this risk!!!

Kat, your very welcome. I'm glad that you found it elsewhere. ;)

And all of you who think there is "Genius" involvement here, well, all I can say is if you could just get to know me you would know different. Just ask my DH!! I do haved a good idea once in awhile and that was what this was, just a good idea to save my behind once again....:P

Archived