Monkey Off My Back

About 3 yrs ago I went to NY for the first time and stayed with a girlfriend from high school in Manhattan. I hadn't seen her in 45 years and had only started emailing about 18 month prior but she insisted I come stay with her and her husband. I was so nervous about going to NY alone:o Well it was one on the BEST vacations I ever had..so this is my thank you to her...she requested the pattern and these exact fabrics and colors, it's to replicate an old quilt that she has..it was pretty darn boring to me:P I've been working on this for over a year doing a block or two whenever I could squeeze them in..It's going to UPS tomorrow:D Yipee!!

post--13461900246566_thumb.jpg

Glad to see someone actually took action on such a thought. So many times I wish I had a quilt in my stash to send to a friend or a new acquaintance. We seem to never have time to piece and quilt for nice gestures like this.

I congratulate you on this accomplishment. Lovely labor of love.

It is a beauty. Big quilts with repetitive designs can get a bit boring but that feeling does not come thru on the quilt. It looks fresh and cozy. It must be a king, it looks BIG. She is going to love it.

Love what I can see of your studio. I am envious of your ribbon wall. I have a lonely ribbon. More to come hopefully, I just submitted 2 to Innovations.

Hester, what a sweetie pie you are to replicate an old favorite of hers. She will cherish this AND you for doing it! Just look at how you opened up someone's heart and feelings by doing so. HIGH FIVE to you honey!

It looks awsome. Yes, it's not YOU, but YOU did it for HER, and that alone says IT ALL!

**clap, clap, clap***

Thank you all for your comments..and to all you New Yorkers, I LOVE NY!:D, never thought this native Los Angeles girl would say that ..This quilt will ensure me I will always have a great condo to stay at in Mid Manhattan anytime I want...I'm going back soon.:P

Linda it's 100 X 100

Meg we'll do dinner agian when you get back in the desert

Archived