Himself and His first Quilt. Age 72

Ok, Himself has finished his first ever.. including almost all of the cutting, the sewing, the borders, and selecting the backing and binding, threads, etc.

In all, I think he did a terrific job.. at everything but being casual about hiding paint spot on his shirt front. ROFL.. thats why the silly grin!

RitaR

post--1346190039261_thumb.jpg

Great quilt, the kitty really pops out. You challenged him with everything piecing, applique, quilting, binding and he came through great!!!! What's next, triangles? Great job to the both of you. I love the comment about the "cat that ate the canary" it sure fits.

great job Himself, you and the cat have the same expression. There I Did It, satisfaction!!! LOL

Love your kitty cat. Poor birds though losing all their feathers. . We don't have cats at our house, because first I am allergic and second we have a cockatiel who roams freely in the family room. Dogs don't bother him but cats would have feast. Sometimes the cats sit outside on the flower boxes and watch as Bernie the Bird and he can say that and Pretty Bird, prances back and forth inside the bay window taunting them. One day if only the window is open. LOOK OUT BERNIE!!!

Wow Roland!!!--wonderful job--fabric selection, piecing, quilting--fabulous! I love the feather border and the kitty. (Now you can

say you did a "feathered border" on your very first quilt!!)

Rita--I see more arm wrestling and chain-saw duels in your future over who gets to play with Penny!!!

If I let the BIG canary enter the quilt in the local fair ( 3 buildings) he'd be competing against me.. can't have that.. roflmho.

Nope, he said this is is first and only, Please.. Let it be so.. I want one hobby he's not in the middle of.. in our over 50 years...

He really did listen well, followed directions well, and did an overall good job. now he can help me sew all these precut squares together that were more or less pushed on me to do something with. I prefer to select my own patterns, colors, etc.. and not spend my money for background, backing and batting for someone elses quilt projects they didn't finish.

RitaR

Archived