This is what I did today

Wow! I love that! I really like doing pantos and some of the designs really go with the quilt patterns. You just have to search for the right design! (I am not very good at custom quilting.) I think you will really like this when you are finished!

You'll like it better when you finish and hang it up.

I like the dark thread on the white--with the animal prints it's a nice contrast and softens the starkness of white/white with the busy prints. I call that type of quilting an "overlay"--which adds a layer of interest and I think can really elevate a geometric design. And the customer gets a bonus in having a gorgeous reversible quilt. You did good, Queenie!:cool:

Guest Linda S

It looks really good to me - you did a great job following the pattern. I for one am not a big fan of such contrasting thread. It's not wrong - some people love it - but I think the stark contrast just upsets something in our brain that says it's too much. I'll bet that if you had used a more blendable color, it wouldn't bother you at all. That said, I still think it looks like you did a great job.

Queenie, Wow!! for your first panto it looks like you are doing a great job! I am with the rest of the girls, I think once you get it off the frame you will like it alot better.

I haven't tried a panto yet, but when I do I hope it looks as good as yours. I have a tight space and can't get to the back side of my machine. I am waiting for my new quilt studio to get finished. :)

I think it looks great....and for your first panto you certainly pick a harder one to do, but are doing a wonderful job with it. Sometimes when I do panto's I don't always like them when I first start out, after I finish and lay them out,,,everything seems to fit into place and looks nice...I think you will really like this when you are done.;)

Archived