Sign in to follow this  
Guest Linda S

please ignore

Guest Linda S

I'm just looking for a place to upload a picture I need on the web for another purpose. My advice to you all: If you want a long career as a longarm quilter, do not do this to your back!

post--13461902946022_thumb.jpg

Ouch! Your spine looks similar to the xray of my right foot heel bone except I have 15 screws and a plate in that thing!

"Of all the things a woman's hands have made---The quilt so lightly thrown across her bed---The quilt that keeps her loved ones warm---Is woven of her love and dreams and thread." excerpt from The Romance of the Patchwork Quilt by Carrie A. Hall

:rolleyes:  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes: 

Shana in North Pole, Alaska ---- The Farthest North APQS Sales Rep  
 Always quilting with her faithful friend, Mademoiselle Madeleine Millennium, Bliss-fully skating gracefully...and having lots of fun with IntelliQuilter

Guest Linda S

LOL - no I don't set off alarms at the airport. I thought I might, but I don't. It's the bottom of my spine - three level lumbar fusion.

Linda

I have a doctor's appt this afternoon, my neck is no better....any who...this picture makes me want to cancel :P:D Linda, I know you have had lots of pain and problems with your back, hope you are doing better.

Mary Beth 

Powered by 2009 Freedom

Future winner of the Millie Sweepstakes

http://marysnutshell.blogspot.com/

I agree Mary Beth, telling a bunch of women to "please ignore" get real, it just draws us in. LOL, I know it wasn't your intention but you just have to smile. I hardly ever look at this topic, but you got me to look.

Connie
Port Huron, MI   48060
APQS Sales Rep and Educator
Millennium with Intelliquilter (IQ)

"Be a good listener, your ears will never get you in trouble" Frank Tygr

sewsweetgator@aol.com
http://www.yoursite.com
287890c1690b93fca26ac74c1d32b308.png

Yup, just like a magnet! As soon as I'm supposed to ignore something, I just can't!!! LOL! Wow, that is such a painful picture to look at. My prayers are with you and your back. I promise never to complain about my back again!!

2EC2AA7574F475301B3018AECBD11B21.png

Proud Owner of 2009 Millie

Bliss & Quiltazoid Friendly

We cannot change the direction of the wind, but we can adjust our sails.....

Guest Linda S

I have to admit that this is quite painful. I fell over backwards 2.5 years ago and landed with my tailbone on the corner of my lawnmower engine (I caught my heel on the lawnmower deck). Ruptured the three bottom discs in my spine. Turned out I already had arthritis and degenerative disc disease, so the wreck made the vertebrae sort of tilt and I ended up with scoliosis. I had surgery last November, so I'm a little over a year out of surgery. I am quite stiff, but I go to physical therapy every week (very handsome physical therapist, who has become a friend) and I deal with it. I'm actually much more comfortable at my quilting machine than I am at my desk in the office!!

As a nurse ~ I just have to ask ~ what the heck happened there?! Looks like a spinal fusion or repair of some kind. Are those screws? The 'this is beyond belief' reaction I had looking at this xray reminds me of an Alzhiemer's patient I cared for once who kept trying to hand himself a piece of paper in the mirror--was getting very frustrated and upset and kept returning to the mirror many times throughout the day doing the same thing. I couldn't stand watching him being so frustrated, so I took a black felt tip pen and put wavy lines horizonitally across the mirror with a 2" space between them hoping he would see that there was a barrier between what he thought was himself and the other man. So after a while he walked up to the mirror and studied it for a moment then said, "I'll tell you what--that was one hell of a mudslide!" I feel for you needing such a lot of spinal repair--that must have been one heck of a recovery!

Just don't get too close to a magnet or you will be there for awhile! Does your pin-bowl in the sewing room stick to you once in awhile?

Just Sew Simple Sylvia Blissett APQS Freedom '09 "Stitch" Circle Lord 2010 “"Until one has loved an animal, Part of their soul remains unawakened.”

We are worst and a band of sheep...Ones goes through the gate and the rest just follow. LOL

Bonnie Botts

APQS Sales Rep - Certified Service Technician

APQS Millennium 2006---MJ

APQS Millennium 2004---Lucy

405-533-1025 home

518-935-3832 cell

"Absolute rules are about as useless in making quilts as they are in raising children" Carter Houck---1992

Linda

The pain can be excrutiating, some days woarse than others...expecially when the weather changes! I feel for you girl.

Chronic pain is not easy to deal with. It can be physically and mentally draining. Thank goodness that the good Lord gave us skills such as sewing and listening to music in order to help us "zone out" when the pain gets bad. As hard as it may seem at times, keep on smiling, keep on moving...look forward, don't look back. My prayers are with you!

Marlene

Starrynight Quilter

Been there and done that back in 94.   Loads of fun.  Then another in my neck in 96 and again in 97 in my back again.   Yippee!!!!    Zeke.  

C9A05C30E468F98BDBF3AA2DFD951ECF.png

by the hour.........................

APQS Ultimate I/Compuquilter

Millennium

ztrbrg@yahoo.com