IT has arrived.

Hey

I am new to the long arm business and my machine just arrived!! We worked long and hard getting the flooring in my quilt studio this weekend and can't wait to get started!

I have been lurking for the last month or so-I feel like I know some of you already.

It was sad to hear of Bill passing away-my DH passed March of 07. He was the love of my life.

Thanks for you all being there for us newbies and just the exchange of ideas can sometimes get the creative juices flowing! I won't post too much because I work full time in addition to starting this business-but I will be lurking!!!!:D:D:D

Hey jymartin! And welcome to the boards!

I know just were you are on the excitement meter... my machine will be here between 10 and 2 tomorrow! Congratulations on your machince and best of luck on your new business! We are very lucky to have a bunch of fellow longarmers on this board that are very supportive and helpful!

Welcome to the forum, and congratulations on your new LA! Hum, I see your name is jymartin and my imagination runs away with itself....I know your are not The Judy Martin....but I'm sure you are just as talented!!! Oh, we love pictures....so once you get started we want to see your stuff!!;)

;)I realized after I posted that I hadn't 'signed' my name. It is Julia Yvonne Martin and have used the jymartin for a long time-had my hotmail address for at least 10 years. I got the millennium w/14 foot table that my DBIL will help me set up Thanksgiving morning. I am using an 'out' building for my studio. I moved a year ago to property that had been in my family for years and in fact I had lived on this property 30 or so years ago. My father had built an addition with a full basement to a mobile home that was here and they called it the plant room (it faced south with alot of windows-mom used it for all her plants and in fact it warmed the house some in the winter). When I bought the propery I put a modular home on the site and the plant room didn't fit-so I moved it to a foundation I had built for it away from the house. ANYWAY to make a long story short;) (is it too late for that?) that is the building that I am making into my quilting and stained glass studio.

Thank you for your kind welcomes and I am sure we all will become fast friends. By the by I used to sell Viking sewing machines and have been sewing since I used my toy singer in the sixties! Part of the reason for APQS machine choice it this forum. Keep up the good work you all do!

Hi Fellow NEBRASKAN Julia!

Congrats on the purchase of the APQS machine!

Did you know that Myrna Ficken will be coming to my home in March, doing classes for about 4 days? There are some classes with 1 and some with 2 spots left.

Please come and join us! If you have never taken classes from Myrna, she's a RIOT! And, you'll learn soooo much!

Quilted Hugs,

Julia; now that's an invitatifon you should not pass up. I know you would never regret going .

what kind of workdo you do? I haven't worked since September and I'm so greatful to be able to be home and quilt during the busy season. It has really been a busy year for my quilting. Oh, Welcome to the forum and keep in touch.

I am working in manufacturing that makes aerospace parts. I work second shift, so I go to bed late and get up late! It is an ok job but the coworkers are great and I usually have a good time at work-even though I would rather be sewing!:o

I have done some free motion on my DSM, made a jacket out of thread-it would be so much easier on the Millie! Can 't wait to get it up and running!

I love hearing everyone say relax and breathe. But that is important when I began LA I would hold my breath as I quilted, that doesn't help.

Breath, Enjoy your sunny studio, we are all jealous. I have a nice room but it is crowded. Thank God the children don't move back in, there is no room for them anymore.

Archived