NQR - Eyelashes on Bill

Linda R asked for me to tell the story of the picture on Bill's tribute of him all "dressed up"so here goes! I'm not a very good story teller, but this is the scoop.

We have a good friend who could talk Bill into just about anything. Her brother-in-law (also a friend) was having his 50th birthday party and she wanted to do the entertainment for it. So she asked Bill and I & her DIL to participate. The theme of the party was 50's & 60's MoTown music. Now this is where you have to use your imagionation. She wanted us to be Dianna Ross & the Supreem's. My friend, her DIL and I were the Supreems and Bill was Dianna Ross!!! I helped him "dress up" along with the eyelashes & wig, he wore a dress that I had worn in a wedding (halter tops work on broad shoulders! FYI). I went to GoodWill and found heels and the boa. The eyelashes were the most fun to put on him. I can't remember which song we mimed, but Bill got the boa moving and groving and our birthday friend (who was a officer in the Oregon National Guard, hunter, fisherman, a man's man if you get my drift) played along and didn't get too upset when Bill sat on his lap. Fortunately, Bill was secure in his masculinity thru this and did it again for a friends 80th birthday too. Just a side note, when we threw a surprise 50th for Bill, our friend dressed up and kind of did the same thing only to "Is that all there is" (can't remember the artist) and he was the uglyiest woman I have ever seen! This fellow also went home to be with the Lord this last summer and we miss him.

Both my DD and I encouraged Rick to put in pictures that showed Bill's goofy side as well as his love for the family.

So that's the story.

Today, I woke up at 3:30 AM, so I've already gotten some stuff done. Going to be getting more paperwork done and trying to tie up loose ends today. Just before Bill passed away, I had finished quilting a quilt for a customer and when I took it off of the machine, the tension was TERRIBLE. A dear friend accepted my request to see if she could frog it for me as the very next day, Bill passed away and I knew that I would not have time to frog it and take care of all that was going on. She is coming over this morning to bring the quilt back, and to go thru the machine to help me get the tension right. The funny part is that I felt no drag, and I did a test patch and all went well before I started. I seem to have the most problems using cotton thread especially with cotton batting. Also, the quilt top is cotton and the back is a real funny feeling flannel so, we are going to give it another go.

The family all left yesterday, so I'm now here by myself. Very quiet with just me and the cat. I find myself thinking that I'll wake up and this has all been a very bad dream but I know that won't happen. Just trying to get thru day by day.

Hi Patty Jo, I've been thinking about you and wondering how you have been doing. Wondering if your family is still with you or not. If you ever want to just pick up the phone and say HI to a friend you have never met yet..........call me. We will get to know each other very fast.......I have very broad shoulders if you need them or if you want to laugh I certainly can make you do that too.;) You are always in my prayers.

Renae Gamel

Dear Patty Jo,

Thank you for sharing Bill's Diana Ross story. I love stuff like that. Those are the things that make great memories!! That is the stuff to hold onto.

I know it is quiet there now, and you can always come here and find us waiting to "talk"....

Remember, I'm just a Southwest flight away!!;)

thank you all - some of the things that I'm trying to do feels like I'm pushing a boulder uphill. Trying to get thru to the Social Security Administration is beyond impossible. Yesterday, I sat on hold for 2 hrs and still didn't get to talk to anyone. I had to leave so I lost my place in the "Phone Line" Can you believe that???? Those are our taxpayers $$$ at work!! I tried again this morning and couldn't get thru at all. Unbelievable! Did talk to our business attorney and took care of wrapping up and closing up the corporation. Still waiting for several return calls from various agencies. Needless to say, it is hurry up and wait for just about everything.

I've been thinking about my quilting business, and I think that I want to keep it going and only doing quilts for friends and existing customers and getting a full time job. Due to being self employed for so many years, I really need benefits (like medical, dental & such). I've talked to a friend who is in a position to be the one that I would interview with for a local agency and there may be a full time position available in January. I'm looking into it and how it would affect me financially. I know that I'll need to sell my home and down size not only the size of the home, but the yard as well. I have about as much energy as a slug right now. As you can see, there is a lot on my brain right now.

It just seems to continue - a never ending list of stuff to do. I do appreciate all the support from this chat. You are keeping me going. I'm sorry that I got so wordy.

Originally posted by PattyJo

.....It just seems to continue - a never ending list of stuff to do. I do appreciate all the support from this chat. You are keeping me going. I'm sorry that I got so wordy.

Remember this:

How do you eat an elephant? One bite at a time.

One bite.

One bite.

One bite.

A little nibble here.

Another tiny bite there...

Don't get overwhelmed by the urgency of everything. Everything will settle when it settles. Take breaths. Don't rush. Just take little steps, at your own pace. If people start demanding tell them to back off because you have plenty of time to settle everthing. Their emergency is not your problem.

All will be OK... all in due time. Just take it easy and try not to overload yourself too much with "STUFF."

Elephants are big but you can eat them. :)

HA!!

I love it! I work in a middle school and on Halloween students are allowed to dress up. Soooo many of the boys dress up like girls....I've always said I believe this is one of men's secret fantasies.......to dress up like women.

This is just an opportunity to do it.

Great story Patty Jo....love ya.

Bonnie

Archived