I have a sticky situation

I bet someone here can help me out. Here's the situation; every year at this time I buy a bag of assorted hard Christmas candy. I buy it for the sole purpose of someday being able to figure out the flavors of each pretty gem (wink). I have it in a covered glass candy dish. When I put it in there, they were individule morsels. Now they are one big glob and I have to chip them apart. It makes for a frustrating taste test as I know I am getting mixed signals!

Sew, what's the secret to keeping this stuff from turning into a big molten ball of Christmas candy oh wise ones?

I hate it when I get my taste buds all confused; especially when candy is involved! I have no time for that!

Sherry dear, I have no advice to give nor any clue cuz the same blobby goo ball happens to me, too. My only suggestion is to eat it all before it has a chance to get itself welded together. :P Or, have a hammer and chisel neatly laying nearby so one may chisel off a piece. It would be nice if your hammer and chisel had pretty decorated handles in a Christmas design as it would look like it was meant to go appropriately with the candy dish, and one who wishes to partake in said candy won't look like a dork trying to yank a piece off with their bare hands (or teeth) plus sometimes it's fun to beat stuff with a hammer and chisel. lol.

Mary Beth, I do have a lid on it. And the glass dish is pretty with all sorts of hard to clean cleavages.

Maybe I need one that has a gasket around the lid to seal out moisture. I could try that but then it wouldn't be as fun to clean!! LOL

Shana,

Hey I just had a lightbulb moment! I'll go buy another bag and then seal a meal each candy piece seperatly. Yeah, that'll do it !

You can toss them in a cornstarch . After they are broken apart,just toss in a bowl with cornstarch.

After I cover them,I dump the candy in a colander and shake off all the excess,so it's a very light coating.

I live in Florida and the humidity is horrid.

Cornstarch has no flavor and it won't hurt anyone.:)

you can't hurt your eyesight by looking on the bright side~

If memory serves, Galileo looked at the brightside, or maybe it was the dark side, of the sun. It could be said it did hurt his eyesight. The dude went blind. Maybe it was the dark side of the sun and he should have looked only at the bright side.

Someone look into it.

Ba ha ha ha.

Archived